why no house or mailbox # ?!?

HomeDelivery

I will never use my personal phone to call a customer it is...a violation of corporate policy...

well, since you get paid either way to code it UTL or other send-again, I guess it's OK for you guys. But, i want to get my crap out on the 1st attempt so i can get paid for a successful delivery

today, i was trying to find an address & a customer was waiting outside; I scratched my head & say is this house # xxx? & he said yes... sorry i don't see a house #/ mailbox #... his reply " i took it down when I was re-painting the house"

I asked for ID & made him sign for the packages...:knockedout:

Guapo

Can you quote that policy please?[/QUOT

I don't have it memorized so I can't give an exact quote at this moment.But the last hand out we got stated more or less under no circumstances are we to use any cell phone or other electronic device for business or personal purposes while on the clock.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I totally agree with not using a personal cell phone to call a customer to clear up a bad address.
A bad address is either the shipper's or, the customer's problem, not mine.

HomeDelivery

I hate RR# and have no sympathy for delay in delivering them. Even with plat books it can be challenging. I have looked time and time again for online solutions for solutions to the dilemma with no success. I hardly think this should be proprietary information for the post office.

i didn't know what RR stand for until i sold an item on eBay... googled the buyer's address & google or mapquest maps couldn't find it. changed the RR into state route & BAM! it plotted to the right house with satellite view.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

RR and SR are not one in the same. RR and RD were used before the advent of 911. RR numbers are the laid out the way that the mailman would deliver his route. RR numbers are a pain.

Goldilocks

You could take out the package but make a copy of the AB and give it to a CSA or whoever does your research and have them call you or send you a message when they reach the customer. That way you will already have the package on board and you wont skip a beat with your deliveries. And No dont ever call a customer with your cell.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You could take out the package but make a copy of the AB and give it to a CSA or whoever does your research and have them call you or send you a message when they reach the customer. That way you will already have the package on board and you wont skip a beat with your deliveries.

When we sheet a package as an exception on road the information is immediately forwarded to our center where the clerk will try to get an accurate address. If they are successful the center will send us a message with the corrected address and ask us to reattempt.

And No dont ever call a customer with your cell.

Yeah, wouldn't want to go that extra mile, would you?

HomeDelivery

yea, they'll now work as directed because going the extra mile for customer service is not what FredEx wants anymore ~ you are pushed with maintaining a certain SPORH instead...

as far as HD is concerned, yes, we'll have mostly crappy drivers ~ but there are a few in the mix that actually enjoys this job & will exceed the expectations of the common penny-pinching contractor ~ I'm all for getting a fair's day pay for a fair's day of work. Some don't believe that & it's all about the profit for them. The contractor knows you are replaceable & some are just happy if they have the minimum skillset to do the box-monkey job. Fred is now adopting that same mentality towards Express.

I'm smart enough to look elsewhere if the pay is not proportionate to the workload/service area of the contractors. & now other lurkers that's looking to set foot into this branch will also have "the big picture" with this opco.

Last edited:

CJinx

I can't speak for Express... But I'm sure the vast majority of Ground ICs/ISPs/drivers write off their cell phones as a business expense, so make the damn call. Earn that CSI bonus.

Goldilocks

You could take out the package but make a copy of the AB and give it to a CSA or whoever does your research and have them call you or send you a message when they reach the customer. That way you will already have the package on board and you wont skip a beat with your deliveries.

When we sheet a package as an exception on road the information is immediately forwarded to our center where the clerk will try to get an accurate address. If they are successful the center will send us a message with the corrected address and ask us to reattempt.

And No dont ever call a customer with your cell.

Yeah, wouldn't want to go that extra mile, would you?

Its not about going the extra mile, because most of us do, but its all about our privacy. I had a customer calling me at 10pm because he just got his message. Follow the protical, its just better that way...

whenIgetthere

Its not about going the extra mile, because most of us do, but its all about our privacy. I had a customer calling me at 10pm because he just got his message. Follow the protical, its just better that way...

One of my fellow couriers got a call from a customer on her cell while she was on vacation in the Carribean. She mentioned the customer was complaining that the swings were picking her stop up at 1600 instead of the usual 1700 (it's a 1700 close, I was one of the swings). This customer wanted her to call dispatch to make sure the swings PUP'd her stop at the same time. She doesn't give her new cell number out to customers now!!

HomeDelivery

yea, i know times have changed... I use a pre-paid cellphone & let my contractor at the time buy me minutes so he can write it off as expenses (i can't itemize them; too low of an income)

if a customer did that, i'll just reply with them saying that i'm off duty & is not covering that area anymore ~ call 1800.go.fedex or use the email function with your tracking number...

as for terminal-to-driver communications, if HD has enabled sending/receiving texts on the scanner like Express has, then I won't have a problem trying to contact the terminal for any problems on the road. They call me on my personal cellphone if they want me to re-attempt a delivery... why not just enable the texting features of that made-in-china black motorolla scanner like you guys?

HomeDelivery

hi, thanks for the reply... i'm just a box-monkey, so my input to the terminal managers is moot ~ maybe if the contractors band together and tell them to stop pestering their workers...

but what does CPC stand for?

kk, i'll test it out tomorrow when i'm on duty

STFXG

Customer pickup coordination. They send you pickup notices. Or if you have one closing early you can send them a message. They also do address corrections or if you need directions they will try and track down the customer and get them for you.

You can also send messages to anyone with a scanner. It just goes to CPC then they forward it to the other person. Usually used between drivers needing help with pickups or for contractors to contact drivers.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There is no protocol either way---I prefer to take care of the customer---if some idiot were to call me at 10pm they would get the "nasty hello".

HomeDelivery

thanks STFXG

yea, this division started doing p/ups @ mainly residential returns last week. We get our notices on the scanner before we close out. our time deadlines are 0800-2000 so there's no on-the-road or on-call p/ups (yet)

in another thread, i mentioned that one terminal had these pickups as sequence "zeroes" which is kinda dumb when they already have the manifest in stop-order already in place... they should utilize the PIP (package insertion process?) function to plot them in sequence.

another terminal that i recently transferred to already has done this (hey, they may be reading this site afterall!). So when a customer asks around what time the driver will be coming; i can simply look at my manifest & maps to give them a ballpark figure within a 30 minute time window.

still a PITA & should just keep the Call Tag system. from what i'm reading on the new combined doortags for Ground/ Home Delivery. CallTags are 3 attempts, while PickUps are 1 attempt deal (if they didn't leave the parcel out where they were supposed to, they have to call 1800.Go.Fedex again and re-schedule for another day). or better yet, just have them drop it off at the nearest FedEx Office...

HomeDelivery

"alt+T" didn't work... thanks anyways STFXG

maybe only the combo Ground/ HD buildings have this in effect only. But, not HD-only terminals ( & i work out of 2 of them)

I was going to use the texting to warn of a huge traffic backup on a major highway (it friggin took me 45 minutes to go 6 miles of blacktop:whiteflag:), but alas... i'm now an hourly employee & got paid for that now~