Why not a union at FedEx?

DRAisawesome

I'm just asking the question. It's a no brainer for me that one is needed. This has gotten out of hand. So tell me why you don't think we need one.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm just asking the question. It's a no brainer for me that one is needed. This has gotten out of hand. So tell me why you don't think we need one.

Three letters...RLA= Union Kryptonite. When Fred loses the RLA, Express goes union overwhelmingly. I'm sure Sniper or Dano can come on here and tell us why we don't need a union. Consider the source.

bbsam

Staff member
Don't worry though. Many here have secretly been organizing and should have things in place for a vote by peak.

dezguy

I'm hoping you guys can unionize soon. Too many sheep up here and maybe if they see our brothers to the South organize, it will open their eyes.

MAKAVELI

Fact is, there are contractors that will pay for good couriers. I don't care if it's 1 of 100. That's like saying all FedEx couriers are topped out and raking it in. You're lumping all of them together.
I'm lumping all of them together because they are all part of the scam/ system to exploit and drive down wages in the industry.

bbsam

Staff member
I'm lumping all of them together because they are all part of the scam/ system to exploit and drive down wages in the industry.
If you would do the hard work and really organize the company, you would drive wages upward. Seems the same folk who rallied around that idea a few months ago never saw the effort through.

overflowed

If there was vote today, I'll bet 50% + 1 would vote for a union.

I would say from my station 85% would vote for a union a year ago. Only ones didn't like the idea were topped out couriers and they're disappearing at a rapid pace. Now the people that talk union the most seem to be the topped out couriers.