Why people are so rude at UPS?

BrownNinjaz

I work at the pre-load shift and almost everyday, someone always have to say something to me, probably because I am shy, quiet, and young. I'm always getting yelled at when is not my fault at all or when I make minor mistake.I really have to hold it because I don't want bad rep. I am a nice person and my major is nursing, so I gotta let them yell at me, etc. My supervisors, workers, and old bastards who I never see... they are giving me a hard time! I really don't know what to do. Good thing I don't get mad etc.. So I just have to keep ignoring them and nod?

I am a guy who is always happy and I do work fast. That's why the supervisor have me doing different things. Then I have to go back to my area and my cages are full with packages which I have go fast and even stack which they don't like .. but not my fault.

I just wanna freaking work without anybody ****iing with me at 4-9 AM in the morning. I just wanna be happy, not stressed, feeling a bit anger, etc. ;\

HomeDelivery

my major is nursing
you're in the wrong field... as a package handler. Unless you're taking advantage of the tuition reimbursement program?

you should be trying for jobs in the health field arena. even in Nursing homes over the weekends /and maybe some week nights to start learning the medical lingo first-hand with those 12-month-trained LPNs...

P

pickup

I work at the pre-load shift and almost everyday, someone always have to say something to me, probably because I am shy, quiet, and young. I'm always getting yelled at when is not my fault at all or when I make minor mistake.I really have to hold it because I don't want bad rep. I am a nice person and my major is nursing, so I gotta let them yell at me, etc. My supervisors, workers, and old bastards who I never see... they are giving me a hard time! I really don't know what to do. Good thing I don't get mad etc.. So I just have to keep ignoring them and nod?

I am a guy who is always happy and I do work fast. That's why the supervisor have me doing different things. Then I have to go back to my area and my cages are full with packages which I have go fast and even stack which they don't like .. but not my fault.

I just wanna freaking work without anybody ****iing with me at 4-9 AM in the morning. I just wanna be happy, not stressed, feeling a bit anger, etc. ;\

Welcome to life Kid. Use it as way to build a thick skin and that skin will serve you later in life when you have to deal with the nasty people that can be found in all other occupational fields of life.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Hi Lugo,
You were doing pretty well preloading. I think we worked together in same center for almost a year. haha
I would say grow thick skin and don't be shy, but also don't say anything you will regret. My opinion is to smile and nod and let it roll off, no matter how rude or incompetent other people are. Just remember that you won't be working at UPS forever, but others will be, have a little heart in that regard.

BrownNinjaz

Hi Lugo,
You were doing pretty well preloading. I think we worked together in same center for almost a year. haha
I would say grow thick skin and don't be shy, but also don't say anything you will regret. My opinion is to smile and nod and let it roll off, no matter how rude or incompetent other people are. Just remember that you won't be working at UPS forever, but others will be, have a little heart in that regard.

We worked together? Who are you. ^^;; You left or are you still working as a pre-loader in Chelmsford?
I really don't mind how I am treated. I love humans and animals and I understand humans. I see those people yelling at others too, so that's how they are.
I don't blame them. :P

Anyways, thanks for the advice. That's what I have been doing. :)

Last edited:

klolx

Mine is different, I am always the one who has something to say. I don't know about the happy part but the only time I'm happy is when I finally clocked out.

Remember. Sticks and stone may break some bones but so will a heavy box that you chuck at their head when they're back is turned to you. Accidents happen. :wink2:

Indecisi0n

Happens to all of us. I run a route normally around scratch/ little over. They ask me to help two other drivers about half hr away. Next day they pull me in the off and ask why I was over while completely forgetting I help multi drivers. I laugh in their face. Lol

BrownNinjaz

Mine is different, I am always the one who has something to say. I don't know about the happy part but the only time I'm happy is when I finally clocked out.

Ha ha, keep on.. you'll be knocked someday ha ha... I'm just messing around, but can happen.
At my last job, I always saw white people getting knocked by dominicans ,puerto rican, and black. True story. I am not trying to scare you , etc.. just trying to warn you, I'm kinda like helping you. :) At least I am a nice puerto rican guy and I let things go. It is a nice gift I got . :) Good thing I am not like my Father.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
We worked together? Who are you. ^^;; You left or are you still working as a pre-loader in Chelmsford?
I really don't mind how I am treated. I love humans and animals and I understand humans. I see those people yelling at others too, so that's how they are.
I don't blame them. :P

Anyways, thanks for the advice. That's what I have been doing. :)
I left the preload, back to twi-mid. Yeah we worked together. I think you had middle purple when I left.
Preload is by far the worst operation. Everyone is miserable, the hours are difficult, the work environment is hostile, management often lies and cheats....best just to myob and not worry about it, just my advice.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
If they didn't talk to you wouldn't that also be rude? Sounds like you watch to many Happy Days reruns. Welcome to the real world where life isn't scripted and not everyone cares about the way you feel.

rocket man

why are you working for UPS? go join up with Fire/Rescue or something more related to your field

if i had the chance to to do it at 20 to 32 i would try for every goverment job every fire dept an cop job in the country till i got one. id be retired already. just dont think you have to live in the state or home you grew up in just go for it. and good luck to you ups is ok . look at it this way you work for the bggest company already thats a good start on any app..

badpal.

avoiding brown kool-aid
Some UPSers (both management and hourly) are predatory. I don't condone it but it is what it is. Stand up for yourself or grin and bear it.