Why So Many New Ground Trailers?

FedEx All the Way!

wait till fred cuts your retirement like the post office then ask the question, do I really need a union? Although the post office has a union but it's not the TEAMSTERS!

Union's will never happen at FedEx. Stop trying the scare tactics. FDX takes care of their fulltime employees with hourly wages, benefits, etc. Why would the employees want a union? Ground operations are the only one's that would possible want a union? I don't think that's possible though, since their claiming to be employees? FDX goes to great lengths with the anti-union classes & monthly newsletters, etc. to all hrly employees making it very hard for the teamsters to crack into FDX.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
wait till fred cuts your retirement like the post office then ask the question, do I really need a union? Although the post office has a union but it's not the TEAMSTERS!

Fred has already eliminated our traditional pension plan. As of 6-1-08, every hourly is on the FedEx Portable Pension Plan (PPP), which really isn't a pension plan at all. Employees receive a yearly lump sum, which is very small, and a slightly enhanced 401k plan, which is absolutely worthless given today's stock market. The monthly payout for the new PPP varies per employee, but it averages around $75 per month, which might pay for one trip to the grocery store.

We need a union badly, and with all of the political changes currently underway, we've got a decent chance of giving Fred the gift of the Teamsters this year.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Poor man. Though I honestly think she is him.

I know I wouldn't let my wife run off at her lips about a job she has never done.

Could be, although some of her responses indicate a real lack of knowledge about FedEx operations. I like the mention of "anti-union" classes, which would be illegal, although FedEx doesn't really bother to follow the law most of the time anyway.

FedEx All the Way!

Fred has already eliminated our traditional pension plan. As of 6-1-08, every hourly is on the FedEx Portable Pension Plan (PPP), which really isn't a pension plan at all. Employees receive a yearly lump sum, which is very small, and a slightly enhanced 401k plan, which is absolutely worthless given today's stock market. The monthly payout for the new PPP varies per employee, but it averages around $75 per month, which might pay for one trip to the grocery store.

We need a union badly, and with all of the political changes currently underway, we've got a decent chance of giving Fred the gift of the Teamsters this year.

KEEP ON DREAMING - YOU'RE ALLOWED JUST THAT - IT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN. AND THE DAY IT DOES, PIGS WILL BE FLYING AT THE SAME TIME.:laughing:

FedEx All the Way!

Could be, although some of her responses indicate a real lack of knowledge about FedEx operations. I like the mention of "anti-union" classes, which would be illegal, although FedEx doesn't really bother to follow the law most of the time anyway.

So your saying that you work for an illegal company?

FedEx All the Way!

Why not just take your soon to be out of a job self over to the already unionized company and get a job? OR..as stated previously, keep yappin and the freight will go to Express!! either way, FDX isn't going union, never has, never will!!

SuperSup

MEMPHIS, Tenn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Board of Directors of FedEx Corporation (NYSE: FDX - News) today declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.11 per share on FedEx Corporation common stock. The dividend is payable January 2, 2009 to stockholders of record at the close of business on December 12, 2008.

Wow, with such a low dividend, how will Mr. FedExAllTheWay be able to afford his office supplies (kneepads and Vaseline)?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

MEMPHIS, Tenn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Board of Directors of FedEx Corporation (NYSE: FDX - News) today declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.11 per share on FedEx Corporation common stock. The dividend is payable January 2, 2009 to stockholders of record at the close of business on December 12, 2008.

Wow, with such a low dividend, how will Mr. FedExAllTheWay be able to afford his office supplies (kneepads and Vaseline)?

Actually, if you had bothered to read the previous 50 posts or any of the other threads, HE is a SHE. She is married to a FedEx mgt person and has been engaged in an ongoing fued with Mr. FedEx which has gone on for way too long. I applaud her vigor in defending her beliefs and find her a solid counter to MFEs constant negativity.

BTW, do you really need to stoop to such sophomoric responses?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Actually, if you had bothered to read the previous 50 posts or any of the other threads, HE is a SHE. She is married to a FedEx mgt person and has been engaged in an ongoing fued with Mr. FedEx which has gone on for way too long. I applaud her vigor in defending her beliefs and find her a solid counter to MFEs constant negativity.

The feud has been over for awhile now...I simply don't respond to him/her/whatever anymore. My constant negativity is simply a realistic response to life at FedEx these days. Other than having a job (for now), there isn't much positive to say about the place.

It is interesting that you defend her beliefs, which generally are stolen directly from the writings of Fred S. If you compare "her" posts with some of Fred's recent articles and interviews, you'll see they are nearly verbatim. Obviously, she just parrots what Smith says, and then acts as if she thought it up...pretty weak. That's why she irritates me so much...it's just like the propaganda we hear at work every day. When she comes up with an actual original post, I'll debate her. Until then, I have zero in the way of rebuttal. She's a waste of my time.

By the way, Vaseline and kneepads are standard equipment for managers hoping to advance up the FedEx foodchain, so SuperSup nailed it.

FedExer267

The feud has been over for awhile now...I simply don't respond to him/her/whatever anymore. My constant negativity is simply a realistic response to life at FedEx these days. Other than having a job (for now), there isn't much positive to say about the place.

It is interesting that you defend her beliefs, which generally are stolen directly from the writings of Fred S. If you compare "her" posts with some of Fred's recent articles and interviews, you'll see they are nearly verbatim. Obviously, she just parrots what Smith says, and then acts as if she thought it up...pretty weak. That's why she irritates me so much...it's just like the propaganda we hear at work every day. When she comes up with an actual original post, I'll debate her. Until then, I have zero in the way of rebuttal. She's a waste of my time.

By the way, Vaseline and kneepads are standard equipment for managers hoping to advance up the FedEx foodchain, so SuperSup nailed it.
Maybe she is Fred!! Food for thought!!LMAO

SuperSup

Yes, she is Fed Ex all the way. Therefore, her husband would be MR. Fedex all the way, which is why I referenced his need for office supplies, since she obviously can't hold a job. Although, with her poor spelling and grammar, and lack of common sense, coupled with her complete ignorance of reality, I guess she qualifies to be a teamster (and yes, I believe teamster should not be capitalized). Jack :censored2:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes, she is Fed Ex all the way. Therefore, her husband would be MR. Fedex all the way, which is why I referenced his need for office supplies, since she obviously can't hold a job. Although, with her poor spelling and grammar, and lack of common sense, coupled with her complete ignorance of reality, I guess she qualifies to be a teamster (and yes, I believe teamster should not be capitalized). Jack :censored2:

Just curious, who are you calling Jack Ass? The only jack ass that I know is the person who looks back at you while your are shaving each morning.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm sure if it was Fred....he would be doing a much better job at making you guys look like whiny babies.

I don't think criticizing Fred and his tactics makes me a "whiny baby", but you are absolutely right that Fred, or any manager, would do a better job of defending their position. I read stuff from Smith all the time, and he's very articulate, both in-person and on paper. You should know, since you saw essentially the same words and phrases for years over and over when you were at FedEx. Fred's a smart guy.

As soon as Smith issues a new memo, FedExAllThe Way simply copies what Smith says, instead of actually thinking an original thought and posting it. This is exactly what most managers do as well. For their meetings and memos they just parrot what Smith has said or written most recently, because doing anything but following our great leader is heresy.

Once again, if FedEx is so great, why do you get so ticked when I criticize Fred and the company? You've already admitted in previous posts that you were sick of the take-aways....that's why you quit, right? What's wrong with trying to get some of them back? That hardly makes me a whiny baby. The take-aways are real, and the work environment sucks, and some of us are attempting to initiate constructive changes.

New Englander

Thats why I said what I did.
No one here would win a war of words with him.

I actually sent an email via the centers computer directly to Fred once. I got a nice typed letter from one of his secretaries and a visit to my senior managers office :) I still have the letter somewhere!

New Englander

I don't think criticizing Fred and his tactics makes me a "whiny baby", but you are absolutely right that Fred, or any manager, would do a better job of defending their position. I read stuff from Smith all the time, and he's very articulate, both in-person and on paper. You should know, since you saw essentially the same words and phrases for years over and over when you were at FedEx. Fred's a smart guy.

As soon as Smith issues a new memo, FedExAllThe Way simply copies what Smith says, instead of actually thinking an original thought and posting it. This is exactly what most managers do as well. For their meetings and memos they just parrot what Smith has said or written most recently, because doing anything but following our great leader is heresy.

Once again, if FedEx is so great, why do you get so ticked when I criticize Fred and the company? You've already admitted in previous posts that you were sick of the take-aways....that's why you quit, right? What's wrong with trying to get some of them back? That hardly makes me a whiny baby. The take-aways are real, and the work environment sucks, and some of us are attempting to initiate constructive changes.

You've got me all wrong. I never experienced a "take away". I never got "sick" of FedEx.

I figured if I'm going to be a truck driver delivering boxes. I might as well be compensated the best for the job I do. That is Brown all the way. I've never said anything else. I won't be assimilated into your argument.

I ENJOYED working at FedEx much more then I enjoy working at UPS.