Why so much whining

A

anonymous6

Could there really be more than one arrogant gentleman from Upstate NY?[/QUOTE]

i'm from Boston and I hate the :censored2:ing Yankees!

UPSGUY72

I'm a loader and a college student and work a second job for summer. I've been loading for a year. I peak at 650 hourly pph and 550 sustained pph throughout a night, provided we're flowing consistently. I've ranked in the top ten in my hub for weekly misload frequency/packages scanned at least 15 times this year and got rank one this week. I'm 0 for 30,000+ for the past five weeks and recently got a 100% load quality audit. I'm also asthmatic and it took me around a month and a half to build up the stamina to get 300 pph when i started (not a 'natural athlete', didn't play sports in high school), I'm majoring in physics (i'm a badass nerd), and I binge drink every weekend and occasionally take up offers for free drugs ^_^ (do not live in a cave).

I don't get what's up with all the bitching in these forums. Like, seriously. I like loading. It's fun and a competitive outlet. Why does it seem like everyone on this website (99% of which are union employees?) use it as a means of expressing their proletarian woes and managerial exploitations? The amount of constructive, positive, or even interesting material contained in these forums is lower than the daily calorie intake of an impoverished African child.

So like, is this website for drivers who have taken UPS as a career path, have done the same thing for five trillion years and come home every night to complain on these forums? ffs, what do you expect out of a job that pays $70,000-$90,000 a year - the average salary for a physics major after obtaining a bachelors - that requires no substantial education whatsoever? Help me out here.

I'm glad you figured everything out in your SHORT time as a preloader. Your numbers mean nothing to me I could care less how many packages you can load or unload in a hour and I'm sure the rest of the people that work in your building could care less too.

You wouldn't understand why we complain about things because you have NO HANDS ON KNOWLEDGE of what we do as Package car Driver and trying to explain why we complain is going to a waste of my time and yours because from reading your post you already know everything.

ymelord

In hindsight we should of all boycotted this thread, to stupid for my time, I'm moving on, intelligent whinners to converse with.

A

anonymous6

Last Triple Crown winner--Carl Yazstremski

Lomborg, howard, scott, petrocelli, foy, yaz on the green monster, smith, conigliaro and the rest. i wore out the impossible dream record.

also brought my transistor radio to school and never missed a game the whole season.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It was a tragedy that Tony C had his career cut way too short.

Which do you consider to be the better World Series--1967 or 1975? I know that we won in 2004 and 2007 but to me neither compares to 1967 or 1975, even though we lost.

QKRSTKR

I checked the IP address of the OP and this is the only poster from this IP. I would think if you were looking for another persona who is multi-BC name it would be the duckguy. Upstate is not upssocks either.

U talking about me or another duckguy?

QKRSTKR

Oh, my! So, you do know who Socks is, huh? Isn't it funny that that Quackmeister isn't posting and no one has heard from Socks. Hmmm.

One more observation, I don't think Upstate posts under any other name. Could be wrong, but......

If it is me you may be talking about, I would say some people have a life outside of UPS. I rarely get on BC in the nicer months of the year. Most of my time on here is during the long winter months of Jan.-March. I rarely ever log on during the week, usually only on Sun. mornings if I haven't gone fishing. You will almost never see me on here Oct-Dec. Duck season. So just cause someone stops posting doesnt mean anything. When i do waste time on the computer, this is about the 3rd site I come to. The others are outdoor sites.

If it's not me you were talking about, then oh well. Just don't know of any other Quackmeister.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I should add this disclaimer to my signature line:

Any similarity between myself and upssocks is purely coincidental.

We are not one in the same. I post what I believe while he posts just to agitate.

menotyou

bella amicizia
If it is me you may be talking about, I would say some people have a life outside of UPS. I rarely get on BC in the nicer months of the year. Most of my time on here is during the long winter months of Jan.-March. I rarely ever log on during the week, usually only on Sun. mornings if I haven't gone fishing. You will almost never see me on here Oct-Dec. Duck season. So just cause someone stops posting doesnt mean anything. When i do waste time on the computer, this is about the 3rd site I come to. The others are outdoor sites.

If it's not me you were talking about, then oh well. Just don't know of any other Quackmeister.

Definitely, not you. Sorry for :happy-very:the confusion!!

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
"i've been loading for a year"

there it is
give yourself some more time, do other things in the company, see other centers, and then come back and say the same thing

i have a pretty great center for UPS, but many of the people on this site have been with UPS for over 15 years, that's a big difference from 1 year as a package handler in one center on a night shift where you probably only have one supervisor

request a transfer to preload, that'll really blow your mind

also:
1306253427096.jpg
1306253427096.jpg

A

anonymous6

It was a tragedy that Tony C had his career cut way too short.

Which do you consider to be the better World Series--1967 or 1975? I know that we won in 2004 and 2007 but to me neither compares to 1967 or 1975, even though we lost.

for some reason i don't remember the 67 series. I went to game 6 in 1975. they lost but what a thrill.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
It was a tragedy that Tony C had his career cut way too short.Which do you consider to be the better World Series--1967 or 1975? I know that we won in 2004 and 2007 but to me neither compares to 1967 or 1975, even though we lost.
'75 hands down.Pete Rose to this day still claims that game 6 was the best game he's ever seen.The Big Red Machine was best team ever assembled.