Why so quiet about raises?

DontThrowPackages

Usually, sometime during January, the heads talk up our raises that come in march. Boasting about how "We're the only company,in these financial times to...." This year, I have heard nothing. I assume we are getting them but why are they so quiet this year. I've given up on ever making top of pay but after going Yahoo Finance, typing in the Company name to see the amount of profits, I see no reason why we can't have whats "due" us.

overflowed

Usually, sometime during January, the heads talk up our raises that come in march. Boasting about how "We're the only company,in these financial times to...." This year, I have heard nothing. I assume we are getting them but why are they so quiet this year. I've given up on ever making top of pay but after going Yahoo Finance, typing in the Company name to see the amount of profits, I see no reason why we can't have whats "due" us.

Because we didn't due enough!

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
That's because this year FedEx actually intends to cut our base pay by 3%. And even such a creatively-thinking outfit such as ours hasn't quite figured out a good way to boast about it yet....although I'm certain they're working diligently on it as we speak

xfedx

Raises? You want to talk about the need for a raise let's share what the average FedEx Ground and Home Delivery driver makes. As advertised by contractors and Kelly Temp services trying to lure in more suckers the pay ranges from $550 - $700 weekly. So lets say the average driver makes $650 weekly and works on average 12 hours daily. That works out to a whooping $10.83 an hour to work your ass off with no lunch hour, few if any breaks and NO BENEFITS!!!!! Talk about slave labor. This company is run like a sweat shop! I hate FedEx!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Raises? You want to talk about the need for a raise let's share what the average FedEx Ground and Home Delivery driver makes. As advertised by contractors and Kelly Temp services trying to lure in more suckers the pay ranges from $550 - $700 weekly. So lets say the average driver makes $650 weekly and works on average 12 hours daily. That works out to a whooping $10.83 an hour to work your ass off with no lunch hour, few if any breaks and NO BENEFITS!!!!! Talk about slave labor. This company is run like a sweat shop! I hate FedEx!

You have a bad attitude.

DontThrowPackages

Ten bucks an 10? You can drive a forklift and make that...work in a warehouse.

SmithBarney

Hate FedEx all you want, remember you don't work for FedEx... take it up with your boss.

DontThrowPackages

Two weeks to go before "raises" kick in. But we all know There will be no raises this year and possibly next year as well. You don't like it? Then leave so your route can be split into a AM and PM route and given to two kids we took from ground LOLOL.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Two weeks to go before "raises" kick in. But we all know There will be no raises this year and possibly next year as well. You don't like it? Then leave so your route can be split into a AM and PM route and given to two kids we took from ground LOLOL.

You are probably right. Whenever they "give" us something, it's usually a huge dog and pony show about how "we're giving raises despite the bad economy", blah, blah, blah. In other words, congratulating themselves for being so good to us.

I no longer care, because anything we get will more than be compensated for by what they will take away. It's interesting to watch the contract negotiations over at UPS, where they are fighting over medical costs. At FedEx, Smith just says, "your medical premiums are ___% higher and your policy no longer covers___." Just a dictate, with absolutely nothing to do in retaliation but leave or work slower.

It was the same with the Traditional Retirement Plan. "It's gone".