Why so quiet about raises?

Grounded

Raises? You want to talk about the need for a raise let's share what the average FedEx Ground and Home Delivery driver makes. As advertised by contractors and Kelly Temp services trying to lure in more suckers the pay ranges from $550 - $700 weekly. So lets say the average driver makes $650 weekly and works on average 12 hours daily. That works out to a whooping $10.83 an hour to work your ass off with no lunch hour, few if any breaks and NO BENEFITS!!!!! Talk about slave labor. This company is run like a sweat shop! I hate FedEx!

You must be new to the game. The ISP's or contractors get paid very well by FedEx ground, they choose the pay for their employees(you). If you see your ISP or Business owner begging for spare change on the corner from his trailer court, you come back here and tell me about how bad FedEx is to you. Then I'll listen.

MAKAVELI

Raises? You want to talk about the need for a raise let's share what the average FedEx Ground and Home Delivery driver makes. As advertised by contractors and Kelly Temp services trying to lure in more suckers the pay ranges from $550 - $700 weekly. So lets say the average driver makes $650 weekly and works on average 12 hours daily. That works out to a whooping $10.83 an hour to work your ass off with no lunch hour, few if any breaks and NO BENEFITS!!!!! Talk about slave labor. This company is run like a sweat shop! I hate FedEx!

You must be new to the game. The ISP's or contractors get paid very well by FedEx ground, they choose the pay for their employees(you). If you see your ISP or Business owner begging for spare change on the corner from his trailer court, you come back here and tell me about how bad FedEx is to you. Then I'll listen.

Uh, I think he was referring to the drivers not the fake business owners. Obviously you are doing fine financialy but the drivers probably could qualify for sec. 8 and food stamps. Nothing to be proud of if I were you.

Grounded

Uh, I think he was referring to the drivers not the fake business owners. Obviously you are doing fine financialy but the drivers probably could qualify for sec. 8 and food stamps. Nothing to be proud of if I were you.

I think the ground drivers should be paid more 100% I'm not an ISP or a driver, Management here(we're watching ;) ) I see exactly how much ISPs make and I'm well liked by all the drivers so I'm also aware of how much they are getting for their efforts. I know every one is worth more than they are getting. But I've also seen drivers become ISPs and continue the same pay so... works both ways I guess.

I know he's talking about the drivers, but FedEx has 0 say in what ISPs/ICs pay their drivers. So my point stands.

Slave101

I think the ground drivers should be paid more 100% I'm not an ISP or a driver, Management here(we're watching ;) ) I see exactly how much ISPs make and I'm well liked by all the drivers so I'm also aware of how much they are getting for their efforts. I know every one is worth more than they are getting. But I've also seen drivers become ISPs and continue the same pay so... works both ways I guess.

I know he's talking about the drivers, but FedEx has 0 say in what ISPs/ICs pay their drivers. So my point stands.
Are you at express or ground?

MAKAVELI

But they have a say so in just about every other aspect right? It very clear that FedEx looks the other way because when the contractors are happy they are less of an issue for FedEx.

Grounded

We just negotiate routes, payments, and contract details. The ISP's fill in the blanks. There are incentives for doing things well, and safe. We do inspections and handle various details, but when it comes right down to it, we pay an ISP to figure it out. We offer tools, and advice, but can't tell them specifics about how to treat their drivers or what to pay them. It's tricky because we are business partners, not employers.

We don't look the other way, we just can't tell someone how to run their business. If they meet the contract details, that's all that we can say.

MAKAVELI

We just negotiate routes, payments, and contract details. The ISP's fill in the blanks. There are incentives for doing things well, and safe. We do inspections and handle various details, but when it comes right down to it, we pay an ISP to figure it out. We offer tools, and advice, but can't tell them specifics about how to treat their drivers or what to pay them. It's tricky because we are business partners, not employers.

We don't look the other way, we just can't tell someone how to run their business. If they meet the contract details, that's all that we can say.

And that is the company line, word for word. But the reality couldn't be further from the truth.

Grounded

ah. You have heard it from contractors, drivers, and now management but somehow still you know it to be different.

It really is, I don't tell drivers what to do. They ask me to help them, I ask them if I have questions. They let me know if things need scans and inspections. It's pleases and thank yous, not demands or terms. The most invasive thing we do is vehicle inspections. Or move trucks around if a driver isn't there.

It's strange seeing the way people think ground works. There is a lot of transparency as to finances of the terminals as well. No secret hand shakes or back alley deals sorry conspiracy theorists.

bbsam

Staff member
Actually the most invasive is the employment requirements for drivers but I have heard those may be somewhat modified as contractors have been challenging them. Seems that Protective doesn't have the pull we once thought.

Grounded

Actually the most invasive is the employment requirements for drivers but I have heard those may be somewhat modified as contractors have been challenging them. Seems that Protective doesn't have the pull we once thought.

I suppose you've got a point there. There is a lot of leg work and it's a pain to get everything you need to get a driver on, especially past employment history. That seems to the be the biggest problem in our terminal. The other stuff can be a pain as well.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Hey look here Wall Street, we are saving that 1.7 billion by screwing our employees..
If you want I will take away that 401k match to!!!

Our 401k match is a joke anyway. When I tell people who have real jobs what FedEx contributes, they just laugh. And they should, because FedEx is a joke.