Why UPS Absolutely Must Deliver for Shareholders This Christmas

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Why UPS Absolutely Must Deliver for Shareholders This Christmas - The Street

With truckers and shipping firms increasingly warning of a potential slowdown, United Parcel Service should feel lucky to have its huge consumer and e-commerce holiday season right around the corner. But after two straight years of Christmas disappointments, the pressure is on for UPS to deliver.

The company has been planning for the fourth-quarter peak period since just about last Christmas, including better coordination with large shippers so it is better prepared for a surge. It has also made investments in its technology in hopes of being able to better flex its network as needed.

rod

Retired 22 years
I predict they will screw it up somehow. I can't believe they started planning so early. Normally they start their planning sessions about Dec. 22.

rod

Retired 22 years
A lot has changed in the nearly 15 years that you have been gone.

TTKU (or move on)

Not from what my still working buds say. Sounds like same O-same O cluster friend to me.----------except for maybe a little more "shock collar" type of control with all the telewhatevertheFyoucallthem gizmos being added.

Returntosender

I predict they will screw it up somehow. I can't believe they started planning so early. Normally they start their planning sessions about Dec. 22.
Party's law, If you know something can go wrong, and take due precautions against it, something else will go wrong.

9.5 everyday

Had a meeting with my center manager the other day and he said they want us to use our helpers independently as much as possible this year. Even though my helper never left my side last year, and we were "the most efficient" helper team according to their reports. So not only am I getting a helper 3 weeks later than I normally do, they want me to load him up with a hand truck and set him loose. The funny thing is, we had to sign a paper that states, we will ensure all packages are delivered to the correct addresses, and we will ensure our helpers work safely. Might be pretty hard to guarantee that since he will be "working independently". So I signed in protest.

Had a meeting with my center manager the other day and he said they want us to use our helpers independently as much as possible this year. Even though my helper never left my side last year, and we were "the most efficient" helper team according to their reports. So not only am I getting a helper 3 weeks later than I normally do, they want me to load him up with a hand truck and set him loose. The funny thing is, we had to sign a paper that states, we will ensure all packages are delivered to the correct addresses, and we will ensure our helpers work safely. Might be pretty hard to guarantee that since he will be "working independently". So I signed in protest.
Just put down RTS

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
So here it is in a nutshell this peak what is going to happen. They are going to load us up more with less routes, less jumper time, expect us to skip lunch and punch out earlier and HARASS THE HELL OUT OF US ON THE OVERALLOWED. Should be plenty of tempers flaring this peak. Carry on everyone and a quick reminder for this peak, deliver what you can, take your lunch, AND THEY CAN KISS OUR BALLZ on everything else. Freakin money hungry idiots dude for real lol.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
So here it is in a nutshell this peak what is going to happen. They are going to load us up more with less routes, less jumper time, expect us to skip lunch and punch out earlier and HARASS THE HELL OUT OF US ON THE OVERALLOWED. Should be plenty of tempers flaring this peak. Carry on everyone and a quick reminder for this peak, deliver what you can, take your lunch, AND THEY CAN KISS OUR BALLZ on everything else. Freakin money hungry idiots dude for real lol.
Spark one up and calm down bro ITz
Iz WATzItiZ!!!!!!!!!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You didn't have to sign squat.

9.5 everyday

We started training seasonals a month earlier than last year. We even tested out seasonals for December in the beginning of September. It's a lot different than past years.
Maybe in your center, but we have 13 people that still need to be trained. It's going to be brutal for the newbies.