Why would a ups driver tell me not to switch over from express

Slick silver

I was a friendly conversation with a ups driver at a pup stop they we were both at waiting to finish up at. I asked him if they were still hiring off the street at his location and he said yes. I was alright I talk to someone down there and put a application in online. I was suprised that he told me to stay away and not to do it. I know management is always a issue especially since being at express.

Sent using BrownCafe App

sandwich

The resident gearhead
He sounds bitter and complacent. It kind of runs rampant around here with the excessive forced over time due to understaffing. But I wouldn't listen to him. If you Dont mind working long hours do it!

Slick silver

I'm really thinking about it because both of my friends are both drivers there and also are at the same location. As you can figure, they are already making a lot of money.

Sent using BrownCafe App

dezguy

Get treated like garbage but pull in close to 100k/year or get treated like garbage and paid significantly less while not seeing top out until your 3rd decade with the company. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Slick silver

Forgot to add that they were both package handlers for more then 10years. My question would be then would I have to go there driving school and classes or could I jump right in to a route.

Sent using BrownCafe App

upschuck

If you are lucky enough to get hired perm driver off the street, then you would be put on the bottom of the list, and would have to put in your time covering routes before you get your own. That time depends on your location, but would be at least several years.

Slick silver

If I did it and got hired in, it would be kind of ironic. Basically starting at the bottom at ground, moving to express and then ending at ups. Plus since I'm a swing driver I think I could do it. That was one of the points the ups guy told me was. He said that I would to call in to see if I could work that day.

Sent using BrownCafe App