Why would UPS care if you took a picture of the schedule?

Nimnim

The Nim
....which is a waste of paper....it would be so much smarter just to let us take a cell phone pic of the schedule....
Or print out a couple and post them in the work areas.

I don't get weekly start times, just the next work day and in special holiday circumstances the day after as well. They tend to not change much and if someone isn't there the day before I've not heard of much rabble about them showing up late as long as it isn't like an hour late since the schedule doesn't shift that much normally.

watdaflock?

Not sure what UPS rule is more stupid -
polish-able shoes

or

no taking pictures of the posted schedule

If your boss says no to taking a picture, tell them you want an e-mail or hard copy instead.

Good luck....

rod

Retired 22 years
Apparently its also an issue with taking pictures in the locker room.

We did have an incident once where someone put a photo of a penis in with the stack of forms that customers used to have to fill out to send stuff over the receiving counter. The lady that discovered it wasn't none too happy and management let us know about it. We assumed another customer (or management person) had put it there because it was a picture of a small penis.

We did have an incident once where someone put a photo of a penis in with the stack of forms that customers used to have to fill out to send stuff over the receiving counter. The lady that discovered it wasn't none too happy and management let us know about it. We assumed another customer (or management person) had put it there because it was a picture of a small penis.
How many times,did you look?

:censored2: it. Take the picture. We all do it front our manager and they don't say jack. They could care less if we use phones. As long there's no misloads they don't care.

browntroll

i rarely take pictures inside the hub but when i do its to show management something that happened and isn't believable in a text.
yesterday i got a chainsaw on my pick off that cardboard only covered the motor and left saw part exposed i almost grabbed it
since i didnt see the saw part clearly.

Dr.Brownz

It may be because they also do not want their business in front of the eyes of their competitors. It's their property. Not yours or ours.
They dont want the public to know what really happens at UPS.

Gotta keep up the narrative. After all, based on many news stories most drivers do about 20 or 30 stops a day and get off at 5pm. All the packages in all the trucks are in rows and there are no packages stacked anywhere. Drivers also have a alot of time to get to know customers too.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
back in my preload days i used to get the part time sups to stop working by pointing my phone at them. dopey kids, my phone didn't even have a camera back then :D

10 point

Then ...
Take it outside UPS and take a picture.
The next time an unauthorized pic of a document is used in a hearing against the company you many see the policy enforced and a couple of other things too.

OSHA (or an Atty) may protect you from termination or get your job back plus some Gs if you record something illegal but the day a pic is used against a company with a no pic policy will be the day the policy enforcement begins with 0 tolerance.

It's no big deal until it costs a company some $$$.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Ahh ... so it was yours!
Explains why your name is not capitalized.

underworked1

at least the feeder department where I worked ignored the rule as well. There is a sign coming in the guard shack prohibiting photography, but I routinely took pics of unsafe conditions, damage to equipment, even seal controls that were filled out wrong. Haha I even took a picture one time of the guys repainting the asphalt on our yard. They spell STOP SOTP and seemed happy with the results. They saw me taking pics of it then called somebody over in their crew that could spell. They fixed it, but too late. it amused even management.
Taking pictures in our center is a sure fire way to get fired. Several have been terminated for it.