Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
Yawn......

Right @UpstateNYUPSer ?
Another Amazon thread...
image.jpeg

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Amazon has been on a hunt for knowledge that it could use to build its own shipping network and cut UPS out of the loop. It’s been gleaning data, although the shipping company lately has grown reluctant to share detailed routing information. Amazon also has been on a hiring spree, scooping up more than 40 people in managerial or supervisory positions at UPS, including one veteran executive with 16 years at the company.

upschuck

Amazon has been on a hunt for knowledge that it could use to build its own shipping network and cut UPS out of the loop. It’s been gleaning data, although the shipping company lately has grown reluctant to share detailed routing information. Amazon also has been on a hiring spree, scooping up more than 40 people in managerial or supervisory positions at UPS, including one veteran executive with 16 years at the company.
Are you at Amazon now, @Monkey Butt?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Over the years I've taken advantage of my Free Prime Trial probably three times; every so often it resets. Nothing I found particularly worth the cost though, considering 80% of the time I buy something from there it's not Prime eligible, and I probably buy something online less than ten times per year.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
You want to stick it to Amazon for their successful manipulation of our company, then spend your dollars elsewhere. It's clearly stated everywhere how destructive this company is to ours long term. We sit on here griping about packages and revenue, what's really important is profit and sustainability. Well we all might be just a forum of dumb truck drivers but even we see the writing on the wall. They're planning a future that doesn't include us. Do we all understand this. Will we survive? I'm confident we will, so why not end our complicity in it. I've cancelled my prime membership earlier this year as if you look you'll see that the prices really are not any better then you'll find at Target or Bestbuy. Both of which ship almost everything through us. I'm a Red Card(free of charge) holder at target which gets me a discount plus free shipping. I then am a premium MyChoice member($35) which gets me automatic free upgrades of all Surepost to regular ground delivery. So you see with the littlest of effort we can choose to not help Amazon in their quest of destroying UPS and FedEx.

Overpaid Union Thug

You want to stick it to Amazon for their successful manipulation of our company, then spend your dollars elsewhere. It's clearly stated everywhere how destructive this company is to ours long term. We sit on here griping about packages and revenue, what's really important is profit and sustainability. Well we all might be just a forum of dumb truck drivers but even we see the writing on the wall. They're planning a future that doesn't include us. Do we all understand this. Will we survive? I'm confident we will, so why not end our complicity in it. I've cancelled my prime membership earlier this year as if you look you'll see that the prices really are not any better then you'll find at Target or Bestbuy. Both of which ship almost everything through us. I'm a Red Card(free of charge) holder at target which gets me a discount plus free shipping. I then am a premium MyChoice member($35) which gets me automatic free upgrades of all Surepost to regular ground delivery. So you see with the littlest of effort we can choose to not help Amazon in their quest of destroying UPS and FedEx.
The problem is that most Americans are lazy and love the convenience of being able to go straight to Amazon for almost everything. And thinks they are always cheaper. These are the same people that think EVERYTHING is a good deal on Black Friday and blindly buy things.

Purplepackage

How many Amazon threads can we post in a matter of a week?

We get it Amazon thinks they can destroy 2 shipping company's who have been in the buisness years longer and have through some true trials and tribulations.

If FedEx and ups made it through the recession I highly doubt Amazon assuming it ship better and faster will hardly matter

Overpaid Union Thug

How many Amazon threads can we post in a matter of a week?

We get it Amazon thinks they can destroy 2 shipping company's who have been in the buisness years longer and have through some true trials and tribulations.

If FedEx and ups made it through the recession I highly doubt Amazon assuming it ship better and faster will hardly matter
I'm tired of the threads too but it's actually apparent now that Amazon is going for it. And UPS and FedEx are actually helping them. And it doesn't help that both have most of their attention on stock price and UPS also on ORION. The rest of the attention is on fudging numbers.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm tired of the threads too but it's actually apparent now that Amazon is going for it. And UPS and FedEx are actually helping them. And it doesn't help that both have most of their attention on stock price and UPS also on ORION. The rest of the attention is on fudging numbers.

Most of us were either not around or were not paying attention when Express first started or Ground bought out RPS.

Watching this unfold from day one will be very interesting.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
We all should care, we can learn a lot about the future just by examining the past. If you look into UPS history books you'll clearly see how in fact it was us that started Air service not FDX. During the depression, we shelved it cause it was deemed unsustainable and unwarranted. Well we then see that we never revisited it till FDX obviously proved that we were wrong. Then onto FDX/RPS and our strike. Well we've suffered cause of that. Then DHL, we proved that we can learn from our mistakes and we demolished them. Let's just hope that we use the same approach with Amazon that we did with DHL. If not we will be like New York cabbies fighting off Uber.

Returntosender

Not looking at that like an advantage..,
If they came from district and region level. That's an advantage, especially if they came from after realignment. Since Amazon is getting in airfrieght business current air operations managers might jump ship. Specailly if they run 12 flights day. They easily can handle amazon 20, 767 flights. When Amazon air frieght expands those managers who jumped are in good position to move up in ranks.