Why your Amazon Prime addiction is bad for UPS

Packmule

I still like the idea someone posted a while back suggesting UPS needs to start competing against Amazon and start up our own distribution warehouses. I'd think that would bea whole lot easier than them starting a shipping company,

Rainman

Its all good.
Most of us were either not around or were not paying attention when Express first started or Ground bought out RPS.

Watching this unfold from day one will be very interesting.
I was a driver when RPS was first started. I saw what could have been a threat being practically ignored. Around the same time Avon cosmetics started their own delivery company, which didn't last even a year before they gave up. I guess UPS expected the Roadway venture to go belly up also.
I've watched them slowly take our packages away over the years, while brown didn't seem to care.
DHL tried and gave up, hopefully Amazon will too. I doubt it though. They have the packages, and the money to last the long haul. If anyone ignores the threat they pose, then they lack good judgement and deserve what they get.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I still like the idea someone posted a while back suggesting UPS needs to start competing against Amazon and start up our own distribution warehouses. I'd think that would bea whole lot easier than them starting a shipping company,
Good idea but ...
UPS Logistics has dozens, probably hundreds of Distribution Centers worldwide.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
That's interesting that Amazon has poached 40 managers.
What company hasn't ended up with ups mgt....fedex, coke, Pepsi....although some of these people weren't "poached" but canned then ended up at these other companies..... Coke has many ex ups supervisors

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You want to stick it to Amazon for their successful manipulation of our company, then spend your dollars elsewhere. It's clearly stated everywhere how destructive this company is to ours long term. We sit on here griping about packages and revenue, what's really important is profit and sustainability. Well we all might be just a forum of dumb truck drivers but even we see the writing on the wall. They're planning a future that doesn't include us. Do we all understand this. Will we survive? I'm confident we will, so why not end our complicity in it. I've cancelled my prime membership earlier this year as if you look you'll see that the prices really are not any better then you'll find at Target or Bestbuy. Both of which ship almost everything through us. I'm a Red Card(free of charge) holder at target which gets me a discount plus free shipping. I then am a premium MyChoice member($35) which gets me automatic free upgrades of all Surepost to regular ground delivery. So you see with the littlest of effort we can choose to not help Amazon in their quest of destroying UPS and FedEx.
And just to let everybody know they auto charge you for prime every year after the previous year is up... This I did not know