Why???????????

Why did ups have to go public? I remember when this was a semi nice place to work. Damm it I remember when this was a great environment. I guess greed changed things. What kind of fun stuff do you remember before we went public and this places atmosphere was way different.

tourists24

I remember mgt and hourly chewing each other out on the clock.... But could sit down at the local pub together later and buy each other drinks. I would never imagine seeing that around here now..

I can also remember when our center manager needed 4 extra routes, he put em in....

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I remember when the Center was a Kingdom,and the center manager was the King.Routes didnt over lap,and splits actually made sense i.e close and tight.
The center manager didnt have to call and beg to put routes in,he ran the center as he saw fit

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I remember having too much work and not enough time. That hasn't changed. We did leave the building a 1/2 hour earlier. I wish mgmnt understood how much better we would be if we left earlier.

tourists24

I remember having too much work and not enough time. That hasn't changed. We did leave the building a 1/2 hour earlier. I wish mgmnt understood how much better we would be if we left earlier.
The company isnt interested in giving us extra time on the morning side of things.....

brown bomber

brown bomber
I remember going through packages designated for rural remote areas (even though they were suburban area) and taking them out for delivery because they were meds or perishable items

brown bomber

brown bomber
I can remember when the supervisors had actually delivered packages and they had some grasp of delivery areas......more than anything I remember when the preload manager actually really knew how to dispatch, and if there were problems they were addressed in a professional manner

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You guys don't need to worry too much, FedEx will be the top dog in a few years and all this we have know will be a distant memory.

code5

I remember when management said things like - The S stands for service, a fair days work for a fair days pay and listen to your customers. Remember the TLA. Remember the realistic 8 hour plans. Remember the package cars without scapes and gouges all over them. Remember when left turns was nothing unusual.

Basically, remember when common scense and good judgement applied.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I remember when you could walk in and talk with the center manager and he wasn't on a freakin' conference call.
Not to side track here but your comment reminded me of something that happened the other day. There is a bit of detail here.

Monday, I was told that I had to call our center manager before going out on road. I called, it went to his voice mail. I wasn't fast enough getting out of the yard and ended up having to talk to him anyway. (CRAP!! :dissapointed: ) The jist of the conversation was HIS SIDE- that I was the worst one in the (center or district - don't remember, don't care) for sheeting 'missed'. MY SIDE- get preload to not have any misloads.

At this point I have decided that if he is going to be all over my ass for sheeting 'missed' (BTW- I have to call him now if I have ANYTHING 'missed') I am going to be all over his ass for misloads. So my mission this week has been a successful one. I've had a crap load of misloads.

Wednesday morning I had 3 misloads of which I informed him of EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM!!!! The 3rd one (of course I made sure that each misload was handled with due diligence, INDIVIDUALLY) I get a message back from him, "Let the office know, I'm on a conference call." I LMFAO!!! I sure hope he regretted his conference with me on Monday morning! :surprised:

Now, wtf is it that we have to be available at their beck and call but when we need them they are NOWHERE to be found. :angry: