Why?

upsgrunt

It's a phishing email.
Don't respond.
You may forward to UPS.com if you want; I'm sure they would be interested in it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not true. Having worked on the inside, I have a bit more knowledge in this area.

Whatever. If I were to walk in to my center this morning and hand my center manager a printed copy of the e-mail he would say "Yeah.....so....." as there is nothing that he or anyone else in the center could do about it.

There is nothing that your local management team can do about a phishing e-mail---they may forward it to Syracuse (if they don't simply throw it in the trash the minute you walk out the door) to appease you but there is nothing TSG can do about it. Syracuse may then forward it to Boston which may then forward it to Corporate.

If you really feel that strongly about it you should send a PM to Hoaxster with the URL contained with the e-mail. He will either deal with it directly or forward it to the appropriate department.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I do feel strongly about fraud. I don't like scams. I hate liars, and there are many out there. Your local management can forward it to security.

menotyou

bella amicizia
...and how exactly does this make you more knowledgeable? Oh, I know this one.....because you worked on the inside.

Just forward the link to Hoke---he will take care of it from there.
Bored today? Does your clerk, I think you a PM one, know more about the inner workings of your building than you do? I imagine so. That is what I am talking about. I was a clerk for 4 years.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Bored today? Does your clerk, I think you a PM one, know more about the inner workings of your building than you do? I imagine so. That is what I am talking about. I was a clerk for 4 years.
I seem to recall he has vacation this week....lookin' for a target. He must've had something to keep him busy yesterday..........it was pleasant here.
So, do we have to pay the sitter??.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I know enough about the "inner workings of the building" to know that my center team does not have the technology available to them to handle phishing e-mails. We no longer have a TSG person assigned to our bldg but even when Ben was here this type of thing would have been "above his pay grade".

Send Hoke the link---he will take care of it from there.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I sent to the appropriate people and there is nothing to be done except to make people aware of this as a spam/phishing e-mail.
Scammers send these out all the time.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I sent to the appropriate people and there is nothing to be done except to make people aware of this as a spam/phishing e-mail.
Scammers send these out all the time.

Thanks. Was there anything that could have been done at the local center level other than forward to the appropriate department?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Thanks. Was there anything that could have been done at the local center level other than forward to the appropriate department?

Not really.

As you can imagine the Call Centers get hit heavy with calls about these when they are sent out by scammers.

We will put up a message on ups.com and develop appropriate messaging for the CSC Agents and that's all UPS can do.

There is no technological solution to combat this.