Why???

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I have remained, for the most part mute during this whole negotiation process.
During which I have noticed a sense of "entitlement" in regards to information as the process unfolded.
As a steward, I valued any and all information disseminated, but expected little for what I realized to be obvious reasons.

My question to the rest of you front line "entitled employees" is, why do you feel that you are entitled to every detail of the entire negotiating process and why do you think this is in your best interest?

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
During which I have noticed a sense of "entitlement" in regards to information as the process unfolded.
As a steward, I valued any and all information disseminated, but expected little for what I realized to be obvious reasons.

My question to the rest of you front line "entitled employees" is, why do you feel that you are entitled to every detail of the entire negotiating process and why do you think this is in your best interest?

Oh, forgive me for wanting to know what's going on. If that is too much for you, then why are you a steward?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Because I pay 82 dollars per month for representation, and I want to know how we are going to be compensated, and how we are handling overtime language, and harassment language. Isnt that why we have a union? If not why do I pay dues, just for the hourly wage? Why, tell me is that too much to ask for. As a paying dues member, I am entitled, no one gave me a damn thing. Entitled to me is a person who expects something for nothing, just because they be, I am entitled since I pay for it. Now details.................I cannot believe you would ask another union member, that question.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I'm guilty as anyone. I know that and I'm not saying its right its just the age we live in.

Everyone expects to know the news ten minutes before it even happens.

It's why we have so many false reports right now. In the Internet age it is what it is and it's not going to change.

over9five

Staff member
I'm with Tooner. They work for us. We pay them, and like any other employer we should be able to see our employees work any damn time we want to.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I'm with Tooner. They work for us. We pay them, and like any other employer we should be able to see our employees work any damn time we want to.

Great minds think alike. They are treating us like we don't know whats good for us. Sounds like someone else we know well.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Because I pay 82 dollars per month for representation, and I want to know how we are going to be compensated, and how we are handling overtime language, and harassment language. Isnt that why we have a union? If not why do I pay dues, just for the hourly wage? Why, tell me is that too much to ask for. As a paying dues member, I am entitled, no one gave me a damn thing. Entitled to me is a person who expects something for nothing, just because they be, I am entitled since I pay for it. Now details.................I cannot believe you would ask another union member, that question.

So you believe it is your best interest, as well as all 280,000+ bargaining unit employees, to know every detail, every step of the way?
Do you believe this would lead to the Teamsters negotiating a better deal?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
So you believe it is your best interest, as well as all 280,000+ bargaining unit employees, to know every detail, every step of the way?
Do you believe this would lead to the Teamsters negotiating a better deal?

Uh Yes I do. The teamsters could get our input. Why would they not want that. too hard?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Great minds think alike. They are treating us like we don't know whats good for us. Sounds like someone else we know well.

Your chance is coming to critique the agreement and you don't need or deserve what you expect.
It would hinder the process.

For the record, I'm cautiously pessimistic.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Leaking details of a contract negotiation can jeopardize the proceedings. Demands and counteroffers on each side are immaterial in my eyes. The initial tentative agreement and any subsequent tentative agreements are all that matter as everything else never came to fruition.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Uh Yes I do. The teamsters could get our input. Why would they not want that. too hard?

Yes, it would be waaaay to hard.
It would be like playing a game of chess, where every move was contemplated by a room full of people out loud.
Our opportunity to be part of the process includes electing officers and answering surveys.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Yes, it would be waaaay to hard.
It would be like playing a game of chess, where every move was contemplated by a room full of people out loud.
Our opportunity to be part of the process includes electing officers and answering surveys.

and choosing whether to ratify it or not ;)

HubBub

Judging by the way people have overreacted and rushed to judgement, if the union had released the companies initial low ball offers, they would have stormed their buildings with torches and pitchforks 6 months before the contract was up. I really don't envy our negotiating team.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I don't need or deserve? Huh. Who made you GOD? I deserve to know every step of the way. I keep the union going, I pay dues every month. I am a member in good standing, and I deserve, and want to know. Mostly upsmeoff when you say I don't deserve. If that's the case then 279k of us disagree with you.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I am not rushing to judgement, but I think they are when they say a tentative agreement has been reached and not one or two of us know whats in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Guys, I have this feeling that the first time we are going to see what's in the new contract is the day the ballot arrives at our houses.
Of course we will go to our union's contract meeting and hear their interpretation of the contract. There might even be 1 or 2 copies being passed around the room. But it's 2013 and these guys don't want to use the internet or e-mail to tell us what is in our own contract. Not even a summary of what's in it.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I don't need or deserve? Huh. Who made you GOD? I deserve to know every step of the way. I keep the union going, I pay dues every month. I am a member in good standing, and I deserve, and want to know. Mostly upsmeoff when you say I don't deserve. If that's the case then 279k of us disagree with you.

You are the Union!

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Your chance is coming to critique the agreement and you don't need or deserve what you expect.
It would hinder the process.

For the record, I'm cautiously pessimistic.

LOL

I find it totally, absolutely, hilarious that you are posting this.

I going to save this and repost it when you start all your stupid szit about transparency and right to information here on BC.

What a hypocrite! (or hippocrate as one of your brothers says)

rod

Retired 22 years
OK --- who kidnapped the real Bubblehead and is posting crazy stuff in his name? These posts don't jive with what the real Bubblehead is all about. More cowbell!