Why?

You sure help the fellow Union people so much.. So GLAD you are NOT my Steward!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How many people are in the Union? 140,000 - $150,000 are being thrown into Central States, and MANY other issues that affect your other brothers and sisters, and you just tell people to suck it up. I bet you are one of the people on the Unions payroll down at your local.....
So is a part time job a career?? It was a stepping stone to a career for me. I just don't see it.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Because its a part time job. A lot of part timers try and make it something it just isn't. Go full time or except what it is a part time job.

I completely agree that there are a few PTers on here who ignorantly believe that a 20/hour per week job should yield a living ... but most of us aren't like that. The pot of money is only so large and the FTers are taking more than their share -- justifying it by saying "well, it's just a PT job" is wrong. Ultimately, the guys making $11/hour PT are subsidizing FTers earning $32+/hour, regardless of PT vs. FT classification.

UPS Preloader

I completely agree that there are a few PTers on here who ignorantly believe that a 20/hour per week job should yield a living ... but most of us aren't like that. The pot of money is only so large and the FTers are taking more than their share -- justifying it by saying "well, it's just a PT job" is wrong. Ultimately, the guys making $11/hour PT are subsidizing FTers earning $32+/hour, regardless of PT vs. FT classification.

Plus UPS is out giving money to the politicians:

United Parcel Service Contributions to Federal Candidates | OpenSecrets
United Parcel Service Contributions to Federal Candidates
Top of Form

Select a Cycle: 2012
House
Total to Democrats: $531,502
Total to Republicans: $1,126,223
Senate
Total to Democrats: $103,367
Total to Republicans: $159,498

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Plus UPS is out giving money to the politicians:

United Parcel Service Contributions to Federal Candidates | OpenSecrets
United Parcel Service Contributions to Federal Candidates
Top of Form

Select a Cycle: 2012
House
Total to Democrats: $531,502
Total to Republicans: $1,126,223

Senate
Total to Democrats: $103,367
Total to Republicans: $159,498

Drop in the bucket.

quamba 638

Because its a part time job. A lot of part timers try and make it something it just isn't. Go full time or except what it is a part time job.

I wish PT got 20 hours a week!
I've heard a lot of the old timers say when they stared PT they worked 50 hours a week.

Moneythehardway

Ok, with the new $10 new hire rate....Most ptimers get between 15 to 20 hours a week, you mean to tell me a ptimers making $150 ($10/hr x 15 hours) a WEEK (not per day) before taxes for the the type of work we do, doesn't look putrid to you ? Not even factoring in union dues as well. After Gas and a small fry from mcdonalds there goes that.

Doesn't anyone see anything wrong with that picture? Yes its a ptime job, no it isn't meant to be a career, that doesn't mean we shouldn't be properly compensated while we're here. Once again, I'm forever thankful for a job but just can't help but wonder 'why' we ptimers can't have our fair share of the wage pie