Wide Brim Hat

upsbrown

My husband works for UPS. He went through all the procedures (including dermatologist notes) to order a wide brim hat and they STILL have not arrived. Does anyone know how to get one? He needs it, esp in this 100 + degree weather. Thanks.

S

speeddemon

When I brought my prescription to the clerk, it tool almost 3 weeks before I got it. Tell him to go to Walmart and buy an outlandish, widebrim hat, and wear it to work. That might move the ball a little faster. He has a prescription for it, therefore its medically neccessary. Dont let up. I have had mine acouple of months and its great for keeping the sun off your face.

New Englander

Well...all your husband has to do is have his center team order it.

No doctors note is needed anymore.

I got mine in 3 days after ordering it.

upsdude

OMS has checked every morning this week, hats show as "Back Order". The OMS has now taken this as a "Project", she will get one! LOL.

Brown Dog

Brown since 81
We got about 5 "Indiana Jones" type looking UPS hats in our center 3 weeks ago. Look like they would make good rain hats also.

Hangingon

Ordered my hat 3 weeks ago, finally had the OMS check on it. Cintas says there's such a backlog that it will be mid-October before I get it. Pox on all you that got their orders in before me!

tieguy

Banned
My husband works for UPS. He went through all the procedures (including dermatologist notes) to order a wide brim hat and they STILL have not arrived. Does anyone know how to get one? He needs it, esp in this 100 + degree weather. Thanks.

The wide brimmed hats required a doctors note at one time. They recently made them available to everyone. A lot of everyones bought or ordered them as you can see reading through this thread. So now they are on back order and temporarily back to a medical need only status until they catch up.

New Englander

The problem with the wide brimmed hats? The stupid plastic webbing put in there for ventilation around the middle of the hat.

It's a large hat. As soon as that gets bent it forms a perm crease! Starts to look like garbage since it holds the crease.

Loved the hat originally but again - pretty hard to keep it looking new. It's a waste in it's current form.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I finally got my wide brim hat a couple of weeks ago. Another quality Chinese made product. I like it though and have gotten a lot of compliments on it. This one is different from the one somebody else posted some photos of.
IMG_0998.jpg

Last edited:

New Englander

I finally got my wide brim hat a couple of weeks ago. Another quality Chinese made product. I like it though and have gotten a lot of compliments on it. This one is different from the one somebody else posted some photos of.

I traded my other one in for that same one. It's a bit smaller and does not have the stupid plastic air hole section that once it is creased stays creased.

I had this new cheaper style ordered last week. Got it today.

705red

Browncafe Steward
We are not able to order that hat around here, but i did just get my new uniforms, from cintas! Jacket made in cambodia and pants and shirt made in egypt, and i now have an urge and the knowledge to wire up a car bomb? J/K

chev

Nightcrawler
We're not supposed to have them here either but our sup found a way around it and got them anyway. :happy-very: I got mine last week. They are great for rain as well as sun.

Treegrower

Around here mgt. is trying to take the hats back from us. I was asked for mine yesterday( luckily it was in my bag and I said I didn't have it with me) Seems our District manager has seen them and doesn't like them because the guys are not wearing them "uniformly." Some guys tie them up Austarilian style others crease them Indiana Jones style, others get that cowboy look, still others wear them as a floppy hat with the strings hanging down and the mgt. doesn't like it. They want all of us to wear them all the same way all of the time--uniformly. Now they are trying to take them back from us. After a quarter of a century this place still never ceases to amaze me

rod

Retired 22 years
Around here mgt. is trying to take the hats back from us. I was asked for mine yesterday( luckily it was in my bag and I said I didn't have it with me) Seems our District manager has seen them and doesn't like them because the guys are not wearing them "uniformly." Some guys tie them up Austarilian style others crease them Indiana Jones style, others get that cowboy look, still others wear them as a floppy hat with the strings hanging down and the mgt. doesn't like it. They want all of us to wear them all the same way all of the time--uniformly. Now they are trying to take them back from us. After a quarter of a century this place still never ceases to amaze me

They always got mad at me too when I folded the brim of my baseball cap straight up so I looked like Gomer Pyle. They just don't have a sense of humor:peaceful: