Wierd day!

Nolimitz

Was having trouble w/ Ppad sending message to disp. Figured at a pup stop I would call in... Was informed that disp was down hard, and by the way here are your new oncalls. This was at 16:20. Hear a knocking on my door. Guy standing there informs me he is #$%^# from district saftey doing an onroad saftey check. asked for my emp #. says thanks and turns around and walks away. Gal at disp was laughing her :censored2: off.

whenIgetthere

My day last Friday was weird. Called in about a customer complaint, my manager was trying to give me an OLCC for misdeliveries, and I refused to sign off on it. The background is my largest customer gets about 100 packages a day, but they have a different company that does their billing inside who wants their packages delivered directly to them, which I do everyday. There is no suite or anything listed, I just go by the company names on the labels. Last week, this women there asks me last why I deliver some of their stuff between 1000 and 1030, then the receiver brings more up in the afternoon. I told her I had no idea, I deliver all their stuff to them directly. I told my manager I'm not signing anything, and I want proof that I misdelivered anything there. So she called the woman who called the complaint in, and asked her to keep the tracking numbers of the stuff being delivered later in the day by the receiving dept. Long story short, it was the ground deliveries being delivered to the receiving dept. I actually got an apology from my manager and senior manager, still told both of them to screw!

Rhoderunner

Guy standing there informs me he is #$%^# from district saftey doing an onroad saftey check. asked for my emp #. says thanks and turns around and walks away. Gal at disp was laughing her :censored2: off.

Hope you asked for HIS badge number too. I've never heard of this....weird indeed.

Goldilocks

We have security checks all the time. As soon as we find out he is out there we phone eachother to make sure everyone is locking their doors.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We have security checks all the time. As soon as we find out he is out there we phone eachother to make sure everyone is locking their doors.

Do your jobs the way that you are supposed to and these phone calls wouldn't be necessary.

Our center manager does the same thing---he sends out ODS messages letting us know if we have company. These messages irritate the hell out of me---why doesn't he treat us like adults and let us do our jobs? We all know what we must do as far as package car security and if we have drivers who can't be bothered then let them suffer the consequences.

Doc Sorting Dude

Yeah, I've seen this guy around town driving almost an unmarked van. Once in an FXO I saw this guy walk past my sprinter to check if my bulkhead door and sidedoor was closed. The van he drives in has small grey FEDEX lettering, like it was from corp office.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

Upstate, the errant driver is not the only one who will feel the consequences for their negligence/apathy, and you see how drivers and others respond to safety questions, audits, and the like; they'd rather not be bothered. I respect the reasons why companies have safety programs in place like UPS and FedEx does, and basically feel similar to you on if we are doing right all the time we have nothing to worry about, but I also understand why calls are made and DIAD msgs are sent out.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Do your jobs the way that you are supposed to and these phone calls wouldn't be necessary.

Our center manager does the same thing---he sends out ODS messages letting us know if we have company. These messages irritate the hell out of me---why doesn't he treat us like adults and let us do our jobs? We all know what we must do as far as package car security and if we have drivers who can't be bothered then let them suffer the consequences.

Yeah it's sad don't know that I've ever seen a ground driver with their door shut. I mean seriously how much time does this save.