Wild speculation

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I don't know that this could be offered without Union approval but I'll say a large buyout for early retirement to get some of these older guys to leave and take advantage of the 4 year progression.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

I think we are going to take on more Amazon after the good peak season we had and then I bet we are getting close to securing some big accounts. I haven't heard anything from the management side, but I know our HR guy has been on a hiring spree lately...

Browndriver5

My human resource lady also told me if I wanted to drive I needed to do it last peak season, see I had a good 2nd job and didn't want to quit until I was closer to full time but she assured me that we would not be sending anyone else from inside our building to be certified for 3 more years

Brownslave688

My human resource lady also told me if I wanted to drive I needed to do it last peak season, see I had a good 2nd job and didn't want to quit until I was closer to full time but she assured me that we would not be sending anyone else from inside our building to be certified for 3 more years
Chances are she was desperate for seasonal drivers.

funnyfarm

After 31 years
I don't know that this could be offered without Union approval but I'll say a large buyout for early retirement to get some of these older guys to leave and take advantage of the 4 year progression.
After 31 years offer me a buyout and see how long I stay. Plan on staying a couple of more years though till I'm 62 cause being a satellite driver is a not a bad gig. But still, if I could go tomorrow?......

Brownslave688

I think we are going to take on more Amazon after the good peak season we had and then I bet we are getting close to securing some big accounts. I haven't heard anything from the management side, but I know our HR guy has been on a hiring spree lately...
Yeah whatever it is new accounts or whatever they already know.

The deals done. We all know ups and they wouldn't spend all of this money on training if it wasn't something they absolutely KNEW was going to happen.

That and the fact that I have heard many people say their HR has said something big will be announced this year. That is all we are getting but it's something.

rod

Retired 22 years
Whats the big deal? So they are hiring a few drivers. So what. The last I heard they hired 10,000 bodies for peak and only used about a half of them. Even if they are all trained drivers UPS will still not call them in and those already working will still be working a bazillion hours. They are probably hiring all those extras because some big shot made an error on his "What We Need to Hire In the Future" worksheet and nobody has the balls to tell him he's wrong. Then again as screwed up as things are now they probably have to hire that many because out of 100 newbies 95 of them will wash out.

Whats the big deal? So they are hiring a few drivers. So what. The last I heard they hired 10,000 bodies for peak and only used about a half of them. Even if they are all trained drivers UPS will still not call them in and those already working will still be working a bazillion hours. They are probably hiring all those extras because some big shot made an error on his "What We Need to Hire In the Future" worksheet and nobody has the balls to tell him he's wrong. Then again as screwed up as things are now they probably have to hire that many because out of 100 newbies 95 of them will wash out.
It costs a lot of money to hire a new driver. They send them to school for a week and pay them. Then they baby them and give them a 6 hour dispatch.
Plus all the safety time them pay them.