Wild speculation

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The driver turnover isn't near as high as insiders. We haven't lost a driver in my building in almost two years. Insiders on the other hand...
I'm sure it varies by area but I'm
Seeing more and driver turnover. Lots of drivers quittinf in their first couple years.

Lots compared to 10-15 years ago.

Browndriver5

Hell when I started at UPS I was so happy then I realized I had a 9 year wait to be full time and I brought home 112$ a week. Then finding a good 2nd job to work with you was hard for a 18 year old with no degree

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It costs a lot of money to hire a new driver. They send them to school for a week and pay them. Then they baby them and give them a 6 hour dispatch.
Plus all the safety time them pay them.
If it is such an investment to put new people on then why do they spend so much time, effort, and money trying to fire people...no matter if the union has got your job back everybody has known others that have been "fired"...ups wouldn't try to do it if they weren't halfway serious about it.

Browndriver5

If I had been told that there would be a 9 year wait to go FT I never would have taken the job.

Well that's your choice. Making a 100,000 a year is hard even with a college degree and the insurance we get is probably more like 120,000 a year. Jobs like this a few and far between unless you want to work your way up a cooperate latter with 30 grand of college debt

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Feeders is going to be going on a massive hiring spree, so with that, retirement and firings, they're going to need a ton of pc drivers

Johney

It's crossed my mind but there's no way we would be training them now.

They would hire them all
Right before the next contract.

Impressive wild speculation though.
Ok look at it as an investment. Millions if not billions are pumped into the Teamsters every year for our benefits,etc. suppose they didn't have to pay that anymore? That three year plan not looking so bad now is it? Investment wise I mean. Put out a bunch now hoping for a big return later? Of course it could fail, but hey yea never know.