wild weather

moreluck

golden ticket member
The heavy rain was here yesterday. We rarely get thunder & lightening....maybe once a year, tops. My dog doesn't 'get' thunder. She's only used to bomb practice from Camp Pendleton.

So 'nasty' is moving eastward.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The two weather systems are not related.
So apparently, according to upstate, the storm system and all the warnings on TV of our storm yesterday stopped at the California border and miraculously did not move to other states.
Wow, glad it was just us. At no time in the history of the world did separate storm systems join to form a monster storm. Good that upstate keep us all informed.
:yapyapyapf:

I think I believe the weather service more....

"as the front headed south and east,"........maybe even over the state line !

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

According to weather.com, the two systems are not related.

Scroll down and read both Saturday and Sunday. Sunday will be on interest to moreluck as this is when the trough that is giving you the storms now will be moving in to the plains states.

moreluck

golden ticket member

Any info on bad weather can be helpful to others.....including the people who are W. of the Mississippi.

Storms that come to the US (west to east) hit our west coast first!! There are many storms everyday across the country.
Yes, Dave, they may be separate stoms, so technically, you are right........................but warning that it was bad here can help people in AZ., NV, etc.

moreluck

golden ticket member

Scroll down and read both Saturday and Sunday. Sunday will be on interest to moreluck as this is when the trough that is giving you the storms now will be moving in to the plains states.

But my storm moves out (like I said)and MY warning of how bad it was can still help someone know it's coming.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

But my storm moves out (like I said)and MY warning of how bad it was can still help someone know it's coming.

Thanks, but we have people who do that for us--it's called the National Weather Service.

Today's storms in the Midwest will be much worse than those associated with the front coming from the West on Sunday.

moreluck

golden ticket member
This is the norm but is not the case here. These two weather systems are not related to one another. Your weather will not be affecting the Midwest until Sunday.

"Your weather will not be affecting the Midwest until Sunday".........BUT, it will be and that's what I've been trying to get across to a wall!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

"Your weather will not be affecting the Midwest until Sunday".........BUT, it will be and that's what I've been trying to get across to a wall!!

Today's potentially deadly tornadic outbreak has nothing to do with the weather that will be moving in Sunday. Sunday's weather will be of little consequence when your house is blown away today.

klein

Für Meno :)
Well, snowed here yesterday and we are currently getting flurries.
No tornedos here in the forecast, since they do need much warmer weather.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Today's potentially deadly tornadic outbreak has nothing to do with the weather that will be moving in Sunday. Sunday's weather will be of little consequence when your house is blown away today.
So, you swear to have nothing to do with me at 6:37 and then answer me at 6:44 !!

:groooansmileyf:

texan

Professional storm chaser Jim Reed has been photographing the weather for more than 20 years.
These are older photos, not the current storm system in this thread.

Some of his photos:

storm.jpg

Last edited: