Will Amazon Fire UPS Over Christmas Catastrophe?

TUT

But most of you guys talk about people shooting at them, really? Risking going to jail becuase you wanted to shoot at a amazon drone,

My go to story is dogs attacking them, getting cut up and damage done to the drone. Where does this go in court?

Returntosender

I could see UPS buying amazon to save itself from being crush by the competition. I'm also sure that brown has it eyes on them for awhile. Once amazon starts in on the whole campain of " amazon, we deliver! ", you bet UPS will start in on them. It wouldnt be a buy out, moreso a merger.

As for those flying drones, I think its really cool. The future, what a wonderous age we live in. But most of you guys talk about people shooting at them, really? Risking going to jail becuase you wanted to shoot at a amazon drone, ok makes sense. My thoughts, the bigger problem would be birds.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/83763958/

The birds attack the drone. Alike smaller birds attacking larger ones from their nest.
I posted a link in the Amazon drone thread. FAA approves commercial use drone testing sites

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
I posted a link in the Amazon drone thread. FAA approves commercial use drone testing sites

I know I saw it. I was kind've upset because I posted that video in another thread before yours, but because it was in an active thread and not the first post, more people saw yours first. No big deal really.

As for the dogs, or other. Perhaps a mail to box, a lot like the ones usps uses for blocks. Whereas you go to a mail box with your key and its in your cube. As for the a dog attack, amazon could charge the person for repair. Just as a driver could sue the dog owner. That'll learn them quick.

Imagen getting something in less then 30 minutes of ordering. It would change everything as we know it. It would be like the coyote orders something from ACME and gets it in a few seconds. Talk about wow factor.

JL 0513

Tesla Motors.

Tesla is a nice start up and is doing very well and I'm rooting for them. However, I did say rival the size of GM or Toyota. I'll even given them 50 years. They still wont be as big as Toyota.

Toyota sells about 10,000,000 cars a year.
Tesla sold about 25,000 this year, its biggest year by far.

Toyota = 400 Tesla companies.

didyousheetit

If I missed it already I apologize. Seems to me that what delivery company is going to invest in infrastructure and personnel for 4 to 6 weeks out of year. What company would survive the rest of the year for those few weeks. If Amazon thought it was cost productive they would have already done it. It came down to poor forecasts, poor weather, poor communication with shippers.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Catatonic

Nine Lives
If I missed it already I apologize. Seems to me that what delivery company is going to invest in infrastructure and personnel for 4 to 6 weeks out of year. What company would survive the rest of the year for those few weeks. If Amazon thought it was cost productive they would have already done it. It came down to poor forecasts, poor weather, poor communication with shippers.
It has been suggested but the self-flagellaters disagree.

M

MenInBrown

No, not by profit. Amazon has been spending all of its money reinvesting in expansion. But in the big picture, they do make more money, and will make more money than UPS

Catatonic

Nine Lives
No, not by profit. Amazon has been spending all of its money reinvesting in expansion. But in the big picture, they do make more money, and will make more money than UPS
Amazon may have more revenue than UPS but it may be decades before Amazon makes more money than UPS, if ever.

JL 0513

Yup, Amazon makes no profit. That's why they are getting so big. They are operating at a net loss. Lot's of companies could use the same strategy to achieve market dominance by not operating in the black and having the lowest prices. But most companies have to work under real economic rules. Investors give Amazon a pass. What do you think UPS investors would do if UPS never turned a profit? They'd all run.

Did you know Amazon is $3 billion in debt? While Apple, for example, has about $110 billion in cash. Enough to buy a space station, with cash left over.

If UPS was allowed to do what Amazon does, they could slash prices well below Fed-Ex and the Post Office and operate at a loss for 10 years and have the market dominated, likely putting at least Fed-Ex out of business.

You can't just look at stock values or other single value indicators anymore, especially with internet companies. Look at Twitter. High stock value and market value, but they don't make money either. And they probably never will. Will anyone using Twitter ever look at ads?