Will Hall distance himself from Hoffa as 2016 gets closer

Ron Carey lives on

After playing second fiddle to hoffa and Carey. Just wondering if you guys think he will try some damage control on the Ups concessinary contract?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Nope. You are obviously new to the game. You might have just woken up with this last contract. Ups people don't vote. So the couple people that will vote from ups doesn't equate to how you feel personally about the situation.

When you compare the compensation package the we at ups receive as a whole compared to the rest in the teamster union or any other union as well as non union it's head and shoulders above the rest. Not only is there no sympathy for us but we should stop feeling sorry for our selves. We should be more worried about all these republican governors who want to turn this country into a right to work country.

Upsers who cry about being compensated between 100,000 and 145,000 in wages and benefits make unions look bad as a whole.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
When you compare the compensation package we at ups receive as a whole compared to the rest in the teamster union or any other union as well as non union it's head and shoulders above the rest.

Absolutely, the most concise summation I have read.

Upsers who cry about being compensated between 100,000 and 145,000 in wages and benefits make unions look bad as a whole.

That is the difference, between chess ♛.... and checkers. :biggrin:

-Bug-

govols019

You smell that?

Whatever. I bet you said the same thing when we made $20 an hour too. According to your logic, we should just shut up and be happy with whatever crumbs UPS throws at us. Sad and pathetic.

Whatever. I bet you said the same thing when we made $20 an hour too. According to your logic, we should just shut up and be happy with whatever crumbs UPS throws at us. Sad and pathetic.
Whatever. People don't want to hear what they don't want to hear. When I was making 20 an hour the country and the world were totally different. Pre pre 9/11. Economy was booming. Right to work wasn't a threat and the country's views on unions were good. There were tons of manufacturing jobs. You my friend have your eyes closed to the evolution of the times. Sorry

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Whatever. People don't want to hear what they don't want to hear. When I was making 20 an hour the country and the world were totally different. Pre pre 9/11. Economy was booming. Right to work wasn't a threat and the country's views on unions were good. There were tons of manufacturing jobs. You my friend have your eyes closed to the evolution of the times. Sorry

He has his union blinders on.

Yea but it only ups union people. Other union people in other industries aren't like this. It's almost like we have lived so high on the hog that that we've really lost touch. I mean I know I get it but a lot of people just don't.
We have always made good money. but when you get a 2% raise and 5% more work,and less jobs. do we ever really,get ahead?

And the harassment has gone up, 300%

We have always made good money. but when you get a 2% raise and 5% more work,and less jobs. do we ever really,get ahead?

And the harassment has gone up, 300%
The economy crashed. It happened everywhere. We are coming out of it now but in an anti union America now. That tough guy union mentality isn't the same as it used to be. You have to evolve if you want to survive sometimes. Some think this is weak but people who understand things recognize it as learning to fight again another day. This is a different world now a days. Big business want to cut your throat and take away your livelihood.

The economy crashed. It happened everywhere. We are coming out of it now but in an anti union America now. That tough guy union mentality isn't the same as it used to be. You have to evolve if you want to survive sometimes. Some think this is weak but people who understand things recognize it as learning to fight again another day. This is a different world now a days. Big business want to cut your throat and take away your livelihood.
I understand that. but at the same time,the union lost alot of power!

UPS knows it, and will keep pushing us harder. and more concessions in future contracts.

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
Nope. You are obviously new to the game. You might have just woken up with this last contract. Ups people don't vote. So the couple people that will vote from ups doesn't equate to how you feel personally about the situation.

When you compare the compensation package the we at ups receive as a whole compared to the rest in the teamster union or any other union as well as non union it's head and shoulders above the rest. Not only is there no sympathy for us but we should stop feeling sorry for our selves. We should be more worried about all these republican governors who want to turn this country into a right to work country.

Do the partimers get compensated that? Are there not more partimers making unlivable wages then fulltimers? {edited}

Last edited by a moderator:

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
Mr. Bojangles forgot that the Teamster loading his truck doesn't make what he makes. But more so that over 50% of UPSers are part time making a horrible wage. But his {edited} only thinks about himself.

Last edited by a moderator:

muthatrucka

Mr. Bojangles forgot that the Teamster loading his truck doesn't make what he makes. But more so that over 50% of UPSers are part time making a horrible wage. But his :censored2: only thinks about himself.
Part timers need to voice their opinions. They haven't had a voice in the last 2 contracts. Guess they might wake up now after an average job turning less than average.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Stonefish

I understand that. but at the same time,the union lost alot of power!

UPS knows it, and will keep pushing us harder. and more concessions in future contracts.
The union list power because people don't care. The don't show up to union meetings, proposal meetings, ratification meetings and don't realize the union got them the holiday they enjoyed last Monday. People can't just keep blaming the union and talking tough on a forum.