Will Hall distance himself from Hoffa as 2016 gets closer

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
For me. I don't know if I would do this job. If I would get 3500 a month. Right now. I make as much as my pension a month. 5K plus. They will only pull in 2 weeks work a month. Almost not retiring. SAD
I'll get 3500 a month tops.

But I'd be a multi millionaire if it was given to me.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I really think that stinks. Should be atleast close to your working months wage. You have like 15 yrs now. Right? I'm in my last contract
I have about 10 years in. It is what it is. I don't expect my employer or the government to take care of me in retirement. I'll take care of that myself.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I have about 10 years in. It is what it is. I don't expect my employer or the government to take care of me in retirement. I'll take care of that myself.

You are doing it for yourself. Also, for retirees. I do wish Ups pension contributions were only for Ups workers. Thru the union of course. Just not Hall.

710 steward

You are doing it for yourself. Also, for retirees. I do wish Ups pension contributions were only for Ups workers. Thru the union of course. Just not Hall.

I completely disagree. Look at any union member from the UAW. Once they hit 62 they are forced to draw SSI and almost that complete amount is deducted off the pension checks. They get a very slight raise at 62. If UPS controlled the pension they make the rules. If that's the case put the set amount into 401K and IRA's and wait til 59 1/2 to retire a multi millionaire.

3 done 3 to go

I completely disagree. Look at any union member from the UAW. Once they hit 62 they are forced to draw SSI and almost that complete amount is deducted off the pension checks. They get a very slight raise at 62. If UPS controlled the pension they make the rules. If that's the case put the set amount into 401K and IRA's and wait til 59 1/2 to retire a multi millionaire.

I never said UPS controlled pension.?

3 done 3 to go

Also, think no one should do this job past 55 yrs old Max. If they have their 30. Too much on the body at that age. I want to walk out the door on my last day. Will leave my clothes on the floor before I do

710 steward

The money that ups gives us for our pension should go only to ups employees.

Brownslave688

I couldn't agree more. UPS employees and not a monthly annuity controlled by a different entity. A 401k, IRA, and Roth IRA are perfect ways to allow employees to control and keep their blood, sweat, and tears.

710 steward

That is what I'm explaining to you. You and I will get the great pension. If UPS buys our plan there is no sense to have a union. It's about control of the pension. The union loses whatever leverage it would have. The day this does. I will feel sorry for the new driver if it happens

If this is the part of page 3 you are eluding to I think you are mistaken. The UAW pensions are all company run pensions and CAT, Deere, Ford, and the list goes on and on are still union companies. A monthly pension doesn't negotiate hourly increases or job security.

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
You forget I was in that position and I rose to a lot better spot. It wasn't hard at all to get there.
Tell that to a part-timers in southern California that has to wait 10+ years to go full-time. Do you think they can survive on their UPS salary? These people have two to three jobs just to survive.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
That is what I'm explaining to you. You and I will get the great pension. If UPS buys our plan there is no sense to have a union. It's about control of the pension. The union loses whatever leverage it would have. The day this does. I will feel sorry for the new driver if it happens
You have just described what has happened to us in the Central Region.

By The Book

We have a 76 year old feeder driver. Have a bunch of 40+ year drivers as well. These guys are dug in like ticks since the pension is in such bad shape.
If you saw a pension statement from a 40 year driver you would say wow! Most of their years they received the bonus years and no reductions in the contribution rate. I would say mine after 30 years is $5200.00 gross in late 2016. Theirs could be over $7000.00. These are western pension numbers. These guys also were part of the old thrift plan which made bank when it was around. When it was discontinued they rolled it over into ups stock mostly. If I was a 40 year driver I would be well off in the west. If these 40 year drivers are making $100,000.00 a year driving and not collecting a $7000.00 a month pension, well you do the math. These are crude examples of course, just trying to show how much money is being left on the table.