Will Hoffa and Hall get the message?

Brokedownandbrown

Approval of this contract ( 53% to 47%). Does the leadership at the IBT understand or even care about what the Locals or the members want? When one has both the company and the union stating and supporting this agreement makes one wonder what is going on behind the closed doors. The Locals are fighting the good fight and the International are acting like the Federal government. Over taxing the working poor and pissing your hard earned dues and or taxes on worthless and unnecessary crap.

17 locals voted down their supplements, Message sent, Hoffa and Hall response?

I think we should price ourselves out of the business. We should never let ups control costs. I think by the end of this contract we should all be making 115 k a year with 45 thousand in benifits while management make 40 k and pays more for there benifits.

oldupsman

I think we should price ourselves out of the business. We should never let ups control costs. I think by the end of this contract we should all be making 115 k a year with 45 thousand in benifits while management make 40 k and pays more for there benifits.

Again, over and over you and Stink won't face the real issue. There is 1 and only 1 stumbling block. If they leave health care just the way it was,
this thing sails. Personally, I would like to see you get the same great health care plan I have, but you seem to be happy with the lesser plan
​you have.

browned_out

WTF are you talking about? Nobody wants to bleed this company dry, we want a good contract without the give backs this union seems so willing to do.

yeldarb

I am hoping that the members get the message as well. I voted "yes", but this is too close for comfort. If all gets ratified and we have 5 years, consider this a warning to start preparing for 2018. It seems that no matter what is offered, more and more people think that they are getting screwed. Try convincing anyone in America that at 36+ an hour, you are getting screwed. You can leave all the other benefits like pension, healthcare and vacation out of the talk. Based off of the 36 bucks alone, they will think your a nutjob for expecting and thinking you deserve more. I am taking these close numbers as a reason to get my "house in order". Pay alot more than my minimum on my mortgage, dont incur any new debt and put money aside each week for the next 5 years. For every 20.00 a week saved in this next 5 years, you will save 5,100.00 for strength at the next negotiation.

stink219

WTF are you talking about? Nobody wants to bleed this company dry, we want a good contract without the give backs this union seems so willing to do.
There is a cost involved to every element of this contract. That break even point equates to 16k per person per year (not in just wages). Any more than that, the company is in the red.

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!

With that attitude you should go into management. When we negotiate something superior in the 17 riders and supplements that went down please don't ask for the improvements we'll be getting--you YES voters don't deserve them.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less

Sorry brother, but I made $19,000 last year. I can barely support myself on that, let alone start a family like I might want to do here soon. I shouldn't have to wait another decade for a legitimate shot at a full time gig and then another four years for top rate.

This ain't the same UPS that you and Stink came up under. It doesn't take 6 years to get into a package car now, it takes twice that to be able to work as a RTD for less pay and fewer benefits. We have an obscene backlog of guys with 10, 12, 15+ years that never got a shot at going full time.

stink219

Sorry brother, but I made $19,000 last year. I can barely support myself on that, let alone start a family like I might want to do here soon. I shouldn't have to wait another decade for a legitimate shot at a full time gig.
PS, I like you man, so don't take my question as disrespectful, but do you have another job beyond UPS? I'm asking purely out of concern. When I was PT, I worked 2 during the week and tended bar every other Saturday. Is your goal to be FT?

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
PS, I like you man, so don't take my question as disrespectful, but do you have another job beyond UPS? I'm asking purely out of concern. When I was PT, I worked 2 during the week and tended bar every other Saturday. Is your goal to be FT?

Eventually. I've been on the secondary job hunt since I wrapped up college about a year back and no one in a 50 mile radius has been hiring for anything. I haven't gotten desperate enough yet to flip burgers, but it's getting awful close to that.

804brown

"Out of business"?? THEY FRIGGIN NETTED OVER $4.3 BILLION LAST YEAR!! You want to control health care costs: implement a single payer/medicare for all system so that neither ups nor the union can play politics with our health care!!

quamba 638

That's how much you will be making after this contract.

stink219

"Out of business"?? THEY FRIGGIN NETTED OVER $4.3 BILLION LAST YEAR!!
They also use 53 billion to run the business. In the scope of all things, 4 billion ain't that much. $344 a week per person on average. This is what the magic # is. If we creep into that, profits go away. Profits go away, investors go away. Investors go away, guess what happens next? I'll give you a hint, it starts with "volume goes away." and then?

stink219

That's how much you will be making after this contract.
150k a year in total compensation after the next contract. Basing it on my average hours plus H&W and pension payments. Sucks huh? How dare they sell us out!!

quamba 638

"Out of business"?? THEY FRIGGIN NETTED OVER $4.3 BILLION LAST YEAR!!
They also use 53 billion to run the business. In the scope of all things, 4 billion ain't that much. $344 a week per person on average. This is what the magic # is. If we creep into that, profits go away. Profits go away, investors go away. Investors go away, guess what happens next? I'll give you a hint, it starts with "volume goes away." and then?

And then!???
And then they lower PT starting wage and take away all PT pension and insurance!!! Then bump FT starting wage!

Duh.

804brown

Seems they have you hypnotized. Even with high health care costs over the past couple of years, this company has thrived UNLIKE FEDEX (PROFITS WERE DOWN LAST QUARTER AGAIN...BUT NOT HERE AT BIG BROWN) . You are believing corporate's hype. They cry all the way to the bank. This is NOT GM!!ANd this during a weak economy. Wait til the economy takes off. Plus what is wrong with making 100k a year. Do we say $4.3 billion IS TOO MUCH?? No more power to them BUT SHARE THAT PILE OF MONEY WE CREATE FOR THEM!!

oldupsman

Same thing from you 2 again so I'll give the same response. We're not even close to killing the goose that laid the golden egg. That goose is alive and kicking
and going strong. And that goose has the ability to give us the same great health care we've always had. Please stop with the silly scare tactics.