Will i Clear Background Check ?

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by rozay, Sep 21, 2013.

1. rozay

rozay New Member

so i have a friend that wants me to work for him which hes a subcontractor for fedex doing home delivery. Many years ago when i was young i was arrested for not paying showing up in court for a traffic ticket for i had a warrant and i turned myself in.(2006). another arrest was for loitering but that one was dropped.(2008)

I have 2 speeding tickets 84 on a 65 on highway.
    Should i be ok or will i fail the backgroung? Thanks in advanced

2. rozay

rozay New Member

im currently 26 if that helps with the outcome

3. PiedmontSteward

PiedmontSteward RTW-4-Less

I don't work at Express, but I don't think a misdemeanor (unless it's a DWI) and another dropped misdemeanor (especially from 5+ years ago) would keep you from getting a job.

It probably depends on how long ago the speeding tickets were, as well.

4. rozay

rozay New Member

thats what i was thinking. thanks. What about the 2 speeding tickets?

5. rozay

rozay New Member

​speeding tickets were in 2011

6. Route 66

Route 66 Flacid Member

I'm sorry, but you'll need to commit at least 2 more misdemeanors and a felony before you meet the minimum qualifications. Rules is rules

7. STFXG

STFXG Well-Known Member

You won't qualify. A speeding ticket while traveling over 80 mph is automatic disqualification. FedEx Ground considers that reckless driving.

8. TheJackal

TheJackal Active Member

Ticket was 2 years ago.

You should be OK. If you really want the job, go ahead and apply. Worst that can happen is they say no.

9. Sniper

Sniper Active Member

Most moving violations stay "active" on your DL for 3 years Older one's can be found but don't take points off you license. Has Florida notified you if you have any points against your current license?

10. STFXG

STFXG Well-Known Member

Really? You think I don't know this one?

A driver will not be qualified if, within 36 months:

2 tickets exceeding the posted speed limit by 15 mph or more, or one or more instance of operating any vehicle at 80 mph or more, both constitute the dangerous and careless operation of any vehicle.

Feel free to apply. Make sure your work history is complete and accurate to the date. I doubt youll make it past the MVR though...

11. rozay

rozay New Member

I purchesed my full driving history and i have no points on my record the two speeding tickets i payed a lawyer to fix it.

12. SmithBarney

SmithBarney Well-Known Member

A criminal record is a prerequisite for work at Ground! ;)

13. rozay

rozay New Member

So will i be able to get the job or not? Ill going going tomorrow for the background check

14. TheJackal

TheJackal Active Member

You should be OK. Worst that can happens they say no.

15. Route 66

Route 66 Flacid Member

or the best that can happen is they say no......seriously, being a grunt in this outfit - regardless of opco - is a major deadend. FedEx is a company that will let you tear your body up for them and then toss you to the curb and put the onus for your injuries all on you.

16. rozay

rozay New Member

U guys r scaring with all of this bad talk about fedex lol

17. Doc Sorting Dude

Doc Sorting Dude Active Member

So long you did'nt kill anyone you should be ok. Fedex loves drivers who like to go fast.

18. Cactus

Cactus Just telling it like it is

Route 66 is just telling it like it is.

Nothing more, nothing less.

19. MAKAVELI

MAKAVELI Well-Known Member

Hey, didn't Fred Smith kill someone?

20. Route 66

Route 66 Flacid Member

He sure did. Fredward has done everything that the rest of us get canned for - only on a much grander scale.