Will i Clear Background Check ?

rozay

so i have a friend that wants me to work for him which hes a subcontractor for fedex doing home delivery. Many years ago when i was young i was arrested for not paying showing up in court for a traffic ticket for i had a warrant and i turned myself in.(2006). another arrest was for loitering but that one was dropped.(2008)

I have 2 speeding tickets 84 on a 65 on highway.
Should i be ok or will i fail the backgroung? Thanks in advanced

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
I don't work at Express, but I don't think a misdemeanor (unless it's a DWI) and another dropped misdemeanor (especially from 5+ years ago) would keep you from getting a job.

It probably depends on how long ago the speeding tickets were, as well.

rozay

I don't work at Express, but I don't think a misdemeanor (unless it's a DWI) and another dropped misdemeanor (especially from 5+ years ago) would keep you from getting a job.

It probably depends on how long ago the speeding tickets were, as well.
​speeding tickets were in 2011

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I'm sorry, but you'll need to commit at least 2 more misdemeanors and a felony before you meet the minimum qualifications. Rules is rules

STFXG

You won't qualify. A speeding ticket while traveling over 80 mph is automatic disqualification. FedEx Ground considers that reckless driving.

!Retired!

You won't qualify. A speeding ticket while traveling over 80 mph is automatic disqualification. FedEx Ground considers that reckless driving.
Ticket was 2 years ago.

You should be OK. If you really want the job, go ahead and apply. Worst that can happen is they say no.

Sniper

Most moving violations stay "active" on your DL for 3 years Older one's can be found but don't take points off you license. Has Florida notified you if you have any points against your current license?

STFXG

Ticket was 2 years ago.

You should be OK. If you really want the job, go ahead and apply. Worst that can happen is they say no.

Really? You think I don't know this one?

A driver will not be qualified if, within 36 months:

2 tickets exceeding the posted speed limit by 15 mph or more, or one or more instance of operating any vehicle at 80 mph or more, both constitute the dangerous and careless operation of any vehicle.

Feel free to apply. Make sure your work history is complete and accurate to the date. I doubt youll make it past the MVR though...

rozay

Most moving violations stay "active" on your DL for 3 years Older one's can be found but don't take points off you license. Has Florida notified you if you have any points against your current license?
I purchesed my full driving history and i have no points on my record the two speeding tickets i payed a lawyer to fix it.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
or the best that can happen is they say no......seriously, being a grunt in this outfit - regardless of opco - is a major deadend. FedEx is a company that will let you tear your body up for them and then toss you to the curb and put the onus for your injuries all on you.

rozay

or the best that can happen is they say no......seriously, being a grunt in this outfit - regardless of opco - is a major deadend. FedEx is a company that will let you tear your body up for them and then toss you to the curb and put the onus for your injuries all on you.

U guys r scaring with all of this bad talk about fedex lol