Will not be able to pass DOT physical

Socrates

going to school is not an option. the term is REimbursement which means I have to pay it first. If I could do that, I wouldn't need another job. BTW I am in my 40's...I have bills...don't live home with mom and dad like a lot of our pt people.
With respect, you don't know what you're talking about. While in my LATE 20s, I worked 2 jobs while going to school...and I'm a slacker. It's not that difficult. If you need money, borrow it. You could get a 1000 student loan, pay <$50 in fees/interest, then flip the reimbursement checks from then on out.

But this whole "in my 40s" thing is an excuse, not a reason. If you suck at school and learning, then just say you suck at school and learning. But don't be pissed 5-10 years from now if you get laid off, or just decide to quit UPS, and have no discernible job skills.

menotyou

bella amicizia
The EEOC is powerless to force this stupid company to create an accommodation for you. The smaller centers do not have a job to give you. It is very rare, as Crash so eloquently put it, for UPS to give a crap about you once they have used you up and tossed you aside. Sounds like a lot of guys(and girls) I've seen and heard about. Too many, actually.

barnyard

KTM rider
The easiest way to find out if you will pass a DOT physical is to print out the forms at upsers.com, schedule a physical and take the forms. Have your regular Dr do it and see if you will pass.

barnyard

KTM rider
Can you print the forms without scheduling the actual DOT physical?

I did. Had them all printed and filled out, then made the appointment.

A PT guy in my building was not sure if he would pass, I gave him the same advice, he went to his Dr, Doc told him he would not pass, PT is looking for other opportunities.

oldupsman

I have had 2 heart attacks. Both while employed by UPS. The medicine that I take causes insomnia. Sometimes I don't sleep more than a couple hours in days. But no, no doctor has told me I couldn't, just assumed that my issue would be a problem.
With all due respect, being a driver for UPS is a very physically demanding and mentally stressful job.
With your current heart problem maybe it's just not for you.
If you do become a driver you're not going to receive any special treatment.

packageguy

I will never be able to pass the DOT physical due to a heart condition, am I forever stuck in PT? or will they be obliged to create a 22.3 job for me when the time comes? I'm sure I can do car wash, but to get in, you have to be a fill in until there is an opening. I don't want to commit to a fill in position because I need to find full time employment. Be it 2 part times, or full time at UPS. Yes, I am there for the bennies. So leaving isn't an option. My health care is too expensive without them.

Here is an option, we have a preloader considered 22.3 job. he starts before preload, scans send agains, then does preload, then does haz-mat. It's an 8 hour shift. no driving involved, no dot physical. I don't know if you guys have that out by you. Or where you are on the seniority list. good luck

UPSGUY72

Here is an option, we have a preloader considered 22.3 job. he starts before preload, scans send agains, then does preload, then does haz-mat. It's an 8 hour shift. no driving involved, no dot physical. I don't know if you guys have that out by you. Or where you are on the seniority list. good luck

He can bid a 22.3 job that doesn't include driving if there is one in his building. But UPS doesn't have to create one for him for him to move up from the PT ranks. If he was already a driver and he suddenly got a heart condition that DQ'd him from driving things would be different.

packageguy

He can bid a 22.3 job that doesn't include driving if there is one in his building. But UPS doesn't have to create one for him for him to move up from the PT ranks. If he was already a driver and he suddenly got a heart condition that DQ'd him from driving things would be different.

Yes I understand that, I was just giving him an idea if there was one in his center......

Kis124

With respect, you don't know what you're talking about. While in my LATE 20s, I worked 2 jobs while going to school...and I'm a slacker. It's not that difficult. If you need money, borrow it. You could get a 1000 student loan, pay <$50 in fees/interest, then flip the reimbursement checks from then on out.

But this whole "in my 40s" thing is an excuse, not a reason. If you suck at school and learning, then just say you suck at school and learning. But don't be pissed 5-10 years from now if you get laid off, or just decide to quit UPS, and have no discernible job skills.

I actually have skills. I also have a lot wrong physically that I cannot use the skills. I was a mechanic. I worked in a deli..then cut my thumb at the knuckle severing the tendon and most of the bone. I cannot use tools comfortably. I am also at this time paying child support. 60% is coming out of my checks each week. Yes, I am a female paying child support. I am a 44 year old who has had 2 heart attacks. working 2 jobs and going to school is not an option as lack of sleep triggers my condition.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I actually have skills. I also have a lot wrong physically that I cannot use the skills. I was a mechanic. I worked in a deli..then cut my thumb at the knuckle severing the tendon and most of the bone. I cannot use tools comfortably. I am also at this time paying child support. 60% is coming out of my checks each week. Yes, I am a female paying child support. I am a 44 year old who has had 2 heart attacks. working 2 jobs and going to school is not an option as lack of sleep triggers my condition.
A 44 yr old woman with two heart attacks???? Wow. Sorry to hear that.