Will They Ever Get The Hint?

Overpaid Union Thug

Why do the Dems have to tax?

Who do you think is going to pay the enormous deficits the Reps leave behind when your were voted out of office in the past.
Our children,or our children's children? Do you think the treasury prints monopoly money$$?It grows on trees in Republican's back yards.

Reguarding the welfare issue,which dwarfs in comparison to the nat'l debt,millions,yes I said millions of american workers have lost thier jobs under the Bush Adm.and Corp.America to overseas corperations at a fraction of the cost.Yeah,there's always going to be a few who abuse welfare and are lazy,but look at the bigger picture like why people are on welfare.Lack of good paying jobs w/ beneifits,union busting,outsourcing ,nafta to name a few.Do you think people can live on minimum wage.

Reps seems less interested in solving problems on the homefront,they care more about re-elections campaigns,Big Business,Corperations,covering up failed policies,and the list goes on:

http://www.dldewey.com/columns/jan04bf.htm

As far as "Nobody died under Clinton Needlessly"? Bosnia?
You mis-interpreted my post"Nobody died under Clinton as a result of a blow job" from Monica.

Someone said"Now the Democrats want us to be a weak nation".Sounds like your watching Fox Tabloid News too much.

Besides a strong Military,should'nt we have a stronger Economy,pay more attention to domestic issues, good paying jobs, and improved relations with our allies,and potential allies.I dont see how that would make us a weak nation.

And Big A quoted"Ditto on the Rep Program. I also like your part there at the end about taxing the working class to pay the lazy..OOPS..I mean welfare class"

Are you calling past Veterans,people with mental illness,widows w/ children,abused women w/ children etc..Lazy because they have collected a welfare check.
Not everybody collecting welfare is barefoot and pregnant and popping out kids for more money.Just another example of Conservative sterotypying and labeling people they dont agree with.

As far as the first 10 paragraphs go....Typical Liberal rambing. Blah bla blah blu blah. The last paragraph caught my eye though. Yes, not everone that recieves govt. assistant is lazy.....but most of them are. Stereotyping?? LOL! I guess that rediculous comment stems from the Liberal belief that people on welfare are not lazy but are just "unfortunate." LOL.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Want to keep the focus on the thread, here, but I ditto what Bigarrowups says. I have no problem, and am happy to help people such as the aforementioned who need assistance. AS for my bias maybe it is because where I work, I see the abuse is rampant, and directly correlates with the crime rate. I have no problem helping someone better themselves and assisting them when they make minimum wage. I do have a problem with raising families on government assistance.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I agree with Tooner. The programs are there to help people get back on their feet who have hit hard times.......not to hold them up forever.

They get help, they find work and they wean themselves off assistance.

W

westsideworma

Setting a deadline is fine but not when the deadline is set for a time when the job isn't even finished yet that is problem. And yes they are being sneaky. They tried to pass a funding billl that had a pullout date tacked on to it. Sounds pretty sneaky to me. Whether they are "in Bush's face" or not is not a factor because if it was then they'd just come out with a bill that asks for the pullout only instead of trying to attach it to a funding bill. And now are trying to pass another bill that would dry up early with the hopes that our troops will have to start comming home before the job is done. Again...sneaky.

the way things are going we will never be done...there is no plan to end this, I'm not sure one exists. There are so many tribes, religions etc at war with each other over there do think that the job will ever be 100 percent done? I'm not attacking you here I'm just curious on your thoughts.

Overpaid Union Thug

the way things are going we will never be done...there is no plan to end this, I'm not sure one exists. There are so many tribes, religions etc at war with each other over there do think that the job will ever be 100 percent done? I'm not attacking you here I'm just curious on your thoughts.

You are exactly right. The way things are going now it will never end. As long as our troops aren't allowed to do their jobs without fear of getting Court Marshled things will never change. As long as our commandesr are reluctant to give the order to bomb the hell out of the trouble areas with the ferocity of the WW2 bombings things will never change. As long as they are only aloud to fight "politicaly correct" they will never get a leg up on the terrorists. I think it could be pretty close to 100 percent done but only if we go at it with the same will and force that we had during WW2. We might even have to resort to "not playing fair." It was done back then. Why not now?

av8torntn

I still think that we have a valid plan. I personally like the plan that has been in effect for quite some time now because I think it was put in place to minimize U.S. casualties. I think you can even see its effectiveness even on the nightly news. At one time almost all attacks were focused on coalition forces. As they became less effective they then shifted more to Iraqi security forces. As they have become better trained and equipped now the attacks are focused on civilians or soft targets. Of course it sounds good for some people to say we are in the middle of a cival war when we are not. These attacks on civilians and infrastructure are in military counter insurgency manuals from many nations armies. Things get better in Iraq every month from a military standpoint. I know you did not ask my opion but I just wanted to put it out there. And yes I think some officers make the wrong decisions at times from fear of ending their careers.

diesel96

Lets talk Soldiers,most of our beloved soldiers come from working class and poor Democratic families.I guess their not Patriotic."

Oh really? LOL

Toonertoo said:
Woe is me I cannot enlist, I am too old. but I have a son proudly serving for his family and his country. and he loves his boss. His pay is better, and his advancement has been swift. He is a lifer. My stepson served two tours. So that takes care of that statement. And I had a brother who is now gone, who served in Vietnam, and did as his country asked when it was a draft army. That is when it was the poor and the minority and the kids who either had to go to jail or go to the army to get straightened out. Now it is all volunteer, and to say that they are from working class and poor democratic families is so bogus.

First of all,I don't feel the need to bring up family members and friends when we debate these issues to prove a point.Now I feel compelled to.I to,have a son in the military serving proudly for his family and country. And a father who served during The Korean Conflict.I choose not to use them to prove a point of where our soldiers come from and who's more patriotic,Dems or Reps.If one party thinks their more patriotic then the other it's just plain ignorance.Thats far right and far left B.S.
I have upmost respect for everybody here who served and or their family members.Including you Toonertoo

Now back to the quote which Big A LOL at.and Tooner claimed Bogus.In fact it's just the opposite of which you claim.

Read begining of this web site from 2004 please;

I know you'll claim it bogus,but it has much truth to it. The majority of "todays" armed forces(not the Vietman era) is the Working Class Military,and the underemployed.
Do you guys really think the majority of the "upper class" and rich reps want their children enlisting.Keyword "Majority",I'm not claiming all.And Yes I even respect the rich kids who join.I will never dis any soldier.

Why do you LOL at a true statement?:w00t:
What's that quote you guys use"To anger a Conservative tell them the truth"?Or something like that.:mad:

BROWNDAWG

You are exactly right. The way things are going now it will never end. As long as our troops aren't allowed to do their jobs without fear of getting Court Marshled things will never change. As long as our commandesr are reluctant to give the order to bomb the hell out of the trouble areas with the ferocity of the WW2 bombings things will never change. As long as they are only aloud to fight "politicaly correct" they will never get a leg up on the terrorists. I think it could be pretty close to 100 percent done but only if we go at it with the same will and force that we had during WW2. We might even have to resort to "not playing fair." It was done back then. Why not now?
WHY DONT YOU GO FIGHT OVER THERE INSTEAD OF SITTING ON THE SIDELINES U OBVIOUSLY DISREGARD HUMAN SUFFERING AND LOSS OF LIVES!!!!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Respect gratefully returned diesel.
I was not using my family to prove my patriotism. You asked why I didnt enlist, I told you.And tried to show that my brother was one of those from the poor democratic family, and during the draft it was join or go to jail. (GOD REST HIS SOUL) He was an adventurous guy who always got in trouble, never anything felonious, just constantly keeping my parents at wits end.
I am proud of my sons since they chose that duty. Sorry if I brag. They are pretty much my life. And I think it is their service that made me open my eyes and start paying attention to current events.
So we agree to disagree, but I do think the military makes men out of boys, and Im thinking many kids with no goals, and no opportunity, could benefit from it, mine have, thats all. As well as the ones who didnt have to go and had many other options.

Overpaid Union Thug

WHY DONT YOU GO FIGHT OVER THERE INSTEAD OF SITTING ON THE SIDELINES U OBVIOUSLY DISREGARD HUMAN SUFFERING AND LOSS OF LIVES!!!!

Oh my. I don't even know where to begin with this guy. First of all...I'm a reservist and could be called at anytime. Secondly...my regard for human life is exactly why I know that what I said (what you quoted me as saying) was right. The people we are fighting are the ones that disregard human suffering and loss of lives. That is why we, and the rest of the world, should eliminate them and stop playing paddy cakes with them or they'll eliminate us. Thanks for your response but I believe you aren't seeing the big picture here. Maybe this helps.

BROWNDAWG

Oh my. I don't even know where to begin with this guy. First of all...I'm a reservist and could be called at anytime. Secondly...my regard for human life is exactly why I know that what I said (what you quoted me as saying) was right. The people we are fighting are the ones that disregard human suffering and loss of lives. That is why we, and the rest of the world, should eliminate them and stop playing paddy cakes with them or they'll eliminate us. Thanks for your response but I believe you aren't seeing the big picture here. Maybe this helps.
THIS IS OBVIOUSLY AN UNWINNABLE SITUATION.WE ARE NOT FIGHTING AN ARMY JUST PEOPLE WHO UNDERSTAND WAR IS A WAY OF LIFE FOR THE PAST HUNDREDS OF YEARS. SO INSTEAD OF SENDING OUR YOUNG AND PATRIOTIC FORCES TO THE MEAT GRINDER WE SHOULD BRING OUR TROOPS HOME. THE FANATICS WILL STILL BE AT WAR LONG AFTER U AND ME ARE GONE. NOW THAT IS THE REAL PICTURE.

av8torntn

THIS IS OBVIOUSLY AN UNWINNABLE SITUATION.WE ARE NOT FIGHTING AN ARMY JUST PEOPLE WHO UNDERSTAND WAR IS A WAY OF LIFE FOR THE PAST HUNDREDS OF YEARS. SO INSTEAD OF SENDING OUR YOUNG AND PATRIOTIC FORCES TO THE MEAT GRINDER WE SHOULD BRING OUR TROOPS HOME. THE FANATICS WILL STILL BE AT WAR LONG AFTER U AND ME ARE GONE. NOW THAT IS THE REAL PICTURE.

Sorry brownpup I will say that your real picture is not very real at all, but at least I can get a good laugh out of your post. A little comic relief is good so thanks for that.

Overpaid Union Thug

Do I detect a little defeatest Liberal logic (I'm not sure if those two words even go together) in your post? Yeah just bring them home. I guess Patton should have started shipping our boys home after their first losses against the Nazis in Africa? Should we have sent home our Marines after they were handidly defeated throughout the Pacific? NO. We kept on pushing until the tide turned.

BROWNDAWG

Do I detect a little defeatest Liberal logic (I'm not sure if those two words even go together) in your post? Yeah just bring them home. I guess Patton should have started shipping our boys home after their first losses against the Nazis in Africa? Should we have sent home our Marines after they were handidly defeated throughout the Pacific? NO. We kept on pushing until the tide turned.
NO, BUT I DO DETECT A SMALL PEA BRAIN AT THE OPPOSITE END OF MY POST. THIS NOT WW2,NOR IS IT 1940'S AMERICA. WE ARE NOT FIGHTING A PRINCIPLED WAR BASED ON INTERNATIONAL LAW WHERE THE WHOLE NATION RALLIED FROM SEA TO SHINING SEA TO DEFEAT TYRANNY AT ALL COST. BUT RATHER A BAD WESTERN MOVIE DIRECTED BY YOUR HERO georgie bush. FUNNY U SHOULD MENTION NAZI. PRESCOTT BUSH OUR PREZIS GRANDFATHER HELPED FINANCE THE NAZI WAR MACHINE BY HEADING ONE THEIR BANKS IN USA DURING THE WAR UNTIL FDR HELPED SHUT IT DOWN. IMAGINE HOW MANY YEARS THE WAR HAVE BEEN SHORTENED WE WOULDN'T HAVE LOST ADDITIONAL LIVES.

Overpaid Union Thug

NO, BUT I DO DETECT A SMALL PEA BRAIN AT THE OPPOSITE END OF MY POST. THIS NOT WW2,NOR IS IT 1940'S AMERICA. WE ARE NOT FIGHTING A PRINCIPLED WAR BASED ON INTERNATIONAL LAW WHERE THE WHOLE NATION RALLIED FROM SEA TO SHINING SEA TO DEFEAT TYRANNY AT ALL COST. BUT RATHER A BAD WESTERN MOVIE DIRECTED BY YOUR HERO georgie bush. FUNNY U SHOULD MENTION NAZI. PRESCOTT BUSH OUR PREZIS GRANDFATHER HELPED FINANCE THE NAZI WAR MACHINE BY HEADING ONE THEIR BANKS IN USA DURING THE WAR UNTIL FDR HELPED SHUT IT DOWN. IMAGINE HOW MANY YEARS THE WAR HAVE BEEN SHORTENED WE WOULDN'T HAVE LOST ADDITIONAL LIVES.

Oh the brain of a far left Liberal is a wonderous thing. I could almost here the sound of "Looney Tunes" playing as I read your posts. International Law? If you think the international laws, or the international community for that matter, are going to come to our aid then you have a more screws loose than I thought. But you are right. This is not 1940s America. And it's unfortunate. That was a time when people like you were a nothing but a couple of farts in the wind but today there are 10 of you for every Soldier, Marine, Sailor, or Airmen that is killed. And another thing....fighting terrorism is fighting tryanny.

over9five

Staff member
How's that go?

"If you're 20 and not Liberal, you've got no heart.
If you're 40 and not Conservative, you've got no brain".

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
How's that go?

"If you're 20 and not Liberal, you've got no heart.
If you're 40 and not Conservative, you've got no brain".

That sounds right. I'm amused by the one from the '60's and 70's: "Trust no one over 30." I'm sure there's more to it than that but I don't remember it. -Rocky