Will this driver be fired or just severely reprimanded?

blue741

godeVlS.jpg

Source: Reddit
godeVlS.jpg

instantK

I forgot to close my back door. i only drove very short distance and drove back to make sure nothing fell out...

I doubt he will get in much trouble.... I can see how a driver could forget to close back door when rushing... I sometimes when im buckled in ready togo will quick open bulk head door to double check

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
This happens to most, if not all of us at one point in our careers. This driver was just unlucky to get his/her picture taken while doing it. Disciplined yes, fired? Doubtful.

Indecisi0n

That happened just last week to a friend. Nothing was said. We picked up his packages and took them to him. He was stoped at the end if the road from someone beeping at him. Team work.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Love how the public's first reaction is to grab a cell phone to take pictures, hoping they become the next FedEx monitor video instead of doing something about it. A simple "beep beep" with a point towards his back door would be really simple. I'd be willing to bet these people followed him until something fell out so they can get an "action" shot. I'm really concerned where our priorities in this country are headed.

kingOFchester

I have used my clicker sitting at a light to see if I closed it at the last stop. I figure if I ever get called in for opening bulk head while engine on I will say "name on report, or lost/flattened boxes on highway.......I will take the name on report". I make a pretty good showing on the daily reports anyhow.

Buck Fifty

No harm , no foul. Still have the tshirt. Maybe let him give a " close call " for a safety tip in the morning. Send everybody out with a smile.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
We've all done it if u have been a driver 10 years it's happened at least twice. I remember first time it happened to me I was in my first year driving and i got a message " your back door is open,some one picked up packages and left them at police station. Please go pick them up" I thought I would be in huge trouble. Nothing was said.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
I had my rear door pop open several times on the old P10's, usually it had to do with spring adjustment and worn out latches. If that driver was going to his delivery area or returning to building his chain should be latched for sure.

The cameras were great at catching that the door had opened, or that you left your handcart on the bumper (or DIAD!)

We've had the guards not properly close & chain our doors on the trailers sometimes when we leave (we close them but they check to verify it's empty). They usually do the whole process when it comes to closing LC or FSTZ etc swing doors for a rail seal, and I've had several where they sealed the trailer and didn't latch the top properly.