Will this driver be fired or just severely reprimanded?

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
This driver is in my local I heard he will be suspended, The pic was taken by a ex employee how now works for Fed ex, who posted it on his facebook page saying "this is why you should use fed ex".
I've heard the way managment found out was from another driver, which I find Deplorable.

What about the FedEx feeder pushing the box down the freeway?

Tiny Panda

On our trucks we got new in 2002 they had no rear door handle, just a lock so when you closed it the door was locked. Inside you could open it with the handle without having to unlock it, if anything fell off the shelf and hit the handle, the door opened.

S

serenity now

chain doesn't help if you get out of your routine and somehow forget to close the door :slap:

free tip for any new drivers: if you put a package in the cab on the floor, that package will end up on the street

kingOFchester

for any new drivers: if you put a package in the cab on the floor, that package will end up on the street

Really? Next you are going to tell me the package could slide out, hit the curb and roll under the rear set of tires and get squashed. That could never ever happen. Certainly not during your first few weeks of driving during peak. Nope never happened.:surprised:

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
3 years ago @ peak time I had a nice rental truck which was expertly "shovel loaded" AND my helper didn't show up so I was trying to make good time in a tight resi section. Left the back door open when I went to make the delivery with plans to come grab the next X stops. Well, I forgot about that plan, hopped in the seat and floored it, a bunch of packages AND my handcart fell out.

A better, more recent one was about a year ago I was running a mall route and it's the heaviest one that I know of. The route goes out in a hog and usually gets filled to near completion with P/U's. After picking up the mall and a UPS store, the truck was bricked (thank god). Went to hit a couple drop boxes about a mile away and then returned to the mall. When I got back to the mall another driver pointed out that when I pulled up, my back door was open:surprised:. I walked to the back of the truck and there was the door, completely open because the latch on the truck broke. I made sure to padlock the truck, and the padlock was still attached to the door but the latch seperated. Several High Values were right on the edge of the truck.....luckily nothing fell out.

S

serenity now

Really? Next you are going to tell me the package could slide out, hit the curb and roll under the rear set of tires and get squashed. That could never ever happen. Certainly not during your first few weeks of driving during peak. Nope never happened.:surprised:

refused/didn't want * next stop

kingOFchester

refused/didn't want * next stop

Or, sneak up, DR, run, start up truck and put the peddle to the metal.

Side comment. Learned pretty quickly to never make eye contact when I am heading to or back to truck after a DR. Hate getting asked "do I need to sign?" Or "I have a question" or "do you know my brothers stepchild's 3rd cousins neighbor who works in another building?" Nah, not much for the small talk that wastes my time.

S

serenity now

had my turn-in envelope blow out of the cab one day on a dirt road * arrrgggg * i could see different colored checks fluttering to the ground in my mirror * had to go to #5 to make sure i rounded up all of them

kingOFchester

had my turn-in envelope blow out of the cab one day on a dirt road * arrrgggg * i could see different colored checks fluttering to the ground in my mirror * had to go to #5 to make sure i rounded up all of them

First peak had several packages on the floor of cab. One being a light QVC package. Got the next stop, looked for the stop I knew was on the floor. Cursed a little bit as I opened the bulk head door thinking that it was still in the back. Helper said "whats wrong?" I said "thought I had this stops package on the floor" Helper said "I think that it blew out a block or so ago" You kidding me??? "Why didn't you say anything?" He said "wasn't sure if you wanted it to blow out or not?"

S

serenity now

First peak had several packages on the floor of cab. One being a light QVC package. Got the next stop, looked for the stop I new was on the floor. Cursed a little bit as I opened the bulk head door thinking that it was still in the back. Helper said "whats wrong?" I said "thought I had this stops package on the floor" Helper said "I think that it blew out a block or so ago" You kidding me??? "Why didn't you say anything?" He said "wasn't sure if you wanted it to blow out or not?"

he just thought it was a highly synchronized, planned driver release :rofl:

menotyou

bella amicizia
First peak had several packages on the floor of cab. One being a light QVC package. Got the next stop, looked for the stop I knew was on the floor. Cursed a little bit as I opened the bulk head door thinking that it was still in the back. Helper said "whats wrong?" I said "thought I had this stops package on the floor" Helper said "I think that it blew out a block or so ago" You kidding me??? "Why didn't you say anything?" He said "wasn't sure if you wanted it to blow out or not?"
I just lost some soda on that one. :rofl: