Will this thread open?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Was talking to my FedEx buddy today, he told me that they are cutting hour dramatically. Says he's only gonna get 4, 8 hr days. Is this going to happen nationwide?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Was talking to my FedEx buddy today, he told me that they are cutting hour dramatically. Says he's only gonna get 4, 8 hr days. Is this going to happen nationwide?

Probably. I know they're actively trying to make full-time routes into part-time routes at my station. My buddies over in RTD (feeder) say management is attempting to do the same thing with the truck routes. It's only going to get uglier. We're supposed to be "guaranteed' 35 hrs minimum as full-timers, so I'm expecting an announcement that the new minimums will be 32 hours. That's what happens when you're powerless to stand-up to management.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Probably. I know they're actively trying to make full-time routes into part-time routes at my station. My buddies over in RTD (feeder) say management is attempting to do the same thing with the truck routes. It's only going to get uglier. We're supposed to be "guaranteed' 35 hrs minimum as full-timers, so I'm expecting an announcement that the new minimums will be 32 hours. That's what happens when you're powerless to stand-up to management.

Thanks for the info, I look forward to the other points of view, in your world.

BrownBlue

New Jack
In my neck of the woods. Old Fred's Exploited just moved everyone to part-time, or you work 3 hours then have 3 onroute off the clock, then another 3, for a total of 6 hrs paid a day. This is what they got left for FTers. And not surprisingly their are some sitting around off clock for 3 hours. I've seen a couple with very teared up faces. Thank god I choose brown and not purple back in the day. Management sucks but the pay is worth it.