Will Trump Repeal Bill Clinton's Mistakes

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Specifically, will Trump repeal the ineffective and "costly to taxpayer provisions" of the 1994 bill. including

• $8.7 billion for prison construction for states that enacted “truth-in-sentencing” laws, which required people convicted of violent crimes to serve at least 85 percent of their sentences.
  • Adding 100,000 police to the already too high number of police in the US at a cost of billions upon billions of wasted taxpayer dollars.
  • 3 strikes and you're out regardless of whether the crime hurt others or not.
  • Explosive growth in the building of Correctional facilities (i.e. - prisons).
All which makes the USA the highest percentage of population in jail, prisons, etc.

Text - H.R.3355 - 103rd Congress (1993-1994): Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Hey ... it should cut costs, although it may dump a lot of correctional employees out into the private sector.
Trump is not concerned with cutting spending, seems to be the opposite actually.

I do think he would support handing over prisons to the incarceration industry, but whether or not that actually saves money is debatable.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I do think he would support handing over prisons to the incarceration industry, but whether or not that actually saves money is debatable.

I personally hope he does away with that private industry ... there is a fundamental conflict there. I'm sure that industry has strong lobbyist with lots of political funding to provide.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'm also hopeful he was lying about the increase in spending and debt in the plan he proposed. Hopefully he was just full of it like he usually is.
He's always full of himself ... that's why I like the fact he choosing experienced people to help him execute his responsibilities.

They say that wisdom is knowing what you don't know.
I hope Trump turns out to be a wise person.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
He's always full of himself ... that's why I like the fact he choosing experienced people to help him execute his responsibilities.

They say that wisdom is knowing what you don't know.
I hope Trump turns out to be a wise person.
I find his choices of people to do his job for him to be piss poor so far but time will tell.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I find his choices of people to do his job for him to be piss poor so far but time will tell.
I agree.

Must be a Democrat ... as a Libertarian, I am hoping he is fiscally conservative and socially liberal ... hopefully the Republicans will be as disappointed as you.

My wife says I am just too positive/hopeful but it helps me get through life.
Luckily, I have a short memory and keep moving forward.
Being an optimist works well for me to reduce stress.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I agree.

Must be a Democrat ... as a Libertarian, I am hoping he is fiscally conservative and socially liberal ... hopefully the Republicans will be as disappointed as you.

My wife says I am just too positive/hopeful but it helps me get through life.
Luckily, I have a short memory and keep moving forward.
Being an optimist works well for me to reduce stress.
I agree, Trump must be a Democrat at heart, he really pulled one over on the republican party.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I will tell you the secret to getting rich on Wall Street. You try to be greedy when others are fearful. And you try to be fearful when others are greedy.
Warren Buffett
I believe in an America where millions of Americans believe in an America that's the America millions of Americans believe in. That's the America I love. - Mitt Romney

I could end the deficit in 5 minutes. You just pass a law that says that anytime there is a deficit of more than 3% of GDP all sitting members of congress are ineligible for reelection.
Warren Buffett