Will Trump Survive The Campaign?

newfie

Nice reframe.

I don't disagree with you that liberals can be dogmatic, but if your assertion is that only liberals are dogmatic, you lose me.

Any single thing you complain about liberal activity is echoed in a similar fashion on the conservative side.

So, what's your point?

RB1 wants a big-daddy.

How is that inconsistent with your critique of liberals?

So, what's your point?

I addressed your lamb reference.

twoweeled

WRONG..

The republicans in CONGRESS, extended the BUSH tax cuts, costing the deficit 3.1 trillion dollars spread over the next ten years begining in 2011. The GOP held the cuts over President Obamas head or they would shut down the government and not approve any of his plans to save the country.

The president had no choice.

It wasnt OBAMAS idea to ram that through again.

The middle class was DESTROYED by the previous 8 years of bush, and the recovery had victims. The middle class always takes the brunt of any recovery and the rich always come out further ahead than the middle class persons. Been that way since the begining of this country.

Corporate welfare has been around long before president Obama took office and to try and blame him for it is simple ignornance of how this country works.

To repair this country, it had to repair the very structure that keeps it going. That took BILLIONS of dollars.

That money had to come from somewhere, and corporate America was CUTTING jobs before Obama took office and NOT creating jobs even though they recieved the largest TAX CUT in history under GW BUSH.

Today, growth is steady and in every large city. There are giant projects all over this country. In downtown los angeles alone, there are 5 simultaneous skyscrapers being built employing thousands of workers.

You can see the same in Phoenix, Tucson, Dallas, Houston etc etc etc...

There is no free money. Somebody has to pay for it, and BUSH saddled the middle class with that COST for the next two decades.

The people want to believe that the damage done by BUSH to this country stopped the day he walked out of office, and they dont understand the length of time the damage was spread over.

Its alot easier to blame the black guy for something he didnt create. That, somehow makes sense to them.

The depth of the damage caused by BUSH and the republican led policies will be felt and paid for by children who today are only 5 years old.

From the wars, to tax cuts for the rich, a ridiculous prescription drug bill that remains unpaid, the collapse of the banking industry, the collapse of a housing market that bush promoted with his HOMEOWNERSHIP society program, to the wiping out of the stock market to the closing of over 55,000 factories, the damage to the very core of the USA was so deep it will take at least two decades to repair.

You say that under Obama, the rich got richer, but yet, you want to support a candidate who would give the RICH another tax cut while raising YOUR cost of living.

That makes no sense.

But you are a republican, and that sez it for you.

TOS.
I haven't kept up with this much, but! As I recall, Obama yielded at least two times on repealing the tax cuts. 2010 was the first reneging, followed by 2012 (I think). That was a promise. It's either kept or it's broken. I know, BOTH SIDES LIE. I agree. But if Obama's excuse in 2012 was because of the GOP threatening to shut down the government. Then Obama should have had the gonads to call the bluff. The Republicans caught a lot of heat the last time they shut down government, and the GOP was apprehensive about doing it again. Worse case scenario? It's been shut down before, and we survived. I believe that was Obama just rationalizing. Any of us can make excuses for literally anything and everything. And if allowed to, we will!
No doubt the rich got richer. I'm not a big believer in trickle down economics (just more rationalizing). But! You talk about cost of living rising. What do you think is going to happen with the drastic rise in the minimum wage democrats are pushing? $15 per hour? What is going to happen when that level is reached? Isn't that like 30% in 5 years?? Wait - that's actually a rise of 50% in 5 years! I wasn't good at math. I think minimum now is $10. Talk about elevated the cost of living. Absolutely crazy!

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
I don't recall the Democratic candidates bloviating about self funding their campaigns.
He did self fund his campaign during the primaries.

But he said early on, if he became the nominee, he would accept campaign contributions because running as the party's nominee, he would need more than a billion dollars.

I don't see what your hang up on this issue is.

newfie

But he said early on, if he became the nominee, he would accept campaign contributions because running as the party's nominee, he would need more than a billion dollars.

he also helps fund the republican drive in general , similar to Hillary's Clooney led fund raising.

Sportello

I haven't kept up with this much, but! As I recall, Obama yielded at least two times on repealing the tax cuts. 2010 was the first reneging, followed by 2012 (I think). That was a promise. It's either kept or it's broken.
I'm not sure what you are remembering. In 2010 President Obama agreed to a two year extension of the Bush cuts with a Republican House. In 2012 he raised the taxes on high income earners in a 11PM compromise(fiscal cliff deal).

Sportello

The basic hangup is that 'The Donald' said he would pay the ~$40m but hasn't yet done that, and has the 'donations' in his pocket to pay back his 'loan'.

He has less cash on hand than Bernie.

I'm not sure what you are remembering. In 2010 President Obama agreed to a two year extension of the Bush cuts with a Republican House. In 2012 he raised the taxes on high income earners in a 11PM compromise(fiscal cliff deal).
What he has done is give out free Money for far too long. High income earners probably haven't noticed their taxes went up.

Sportello

What he has done is give out free Money for far too long. High income earners probably haven't noticed their taxes went up.
What I pointed out was fact, you are now just ranting about perceptions.

I'll be happy to rationally discuss your concerns, but be specific, other than 'Obama bad'.

What I pointed out was fact, you are now just ranting about perceptions.

I'll be happy to rationally discuss your concerns, but be specific, other than 'Obama bad'.
No, I did not say "Obama bad" the fact is, it's the best deal the rich have ever gotten. It's an awesome deal for the rich.

Keenj

I only want Trump to win to see if all the pot smoking berntards in my town do move to Canada like they keep threatening. Either that or their mass suicide. As long as I don't have to deal with California's trash anymore.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I only want Trump to win to see if all the pot smoking berntards in my town do move to Canada like they keep threatening. Either that or their mass suicide. As long as I don't have to deal with California's trash anymore.
There are many others who I'd like to see move to Canada as they've sworn.....Whoopie, Rosie,.....

newfie

Hollywood north. Will TOS join them. Will Ricky finally get a job cleaning up their trash. oh the drama.

newfie

maybe we can say that Obama may not be liked by everyone and then apologetically explain why some disagree with him, kind of like the media does ?