Will Ups hire a 17 year old?

jeffpatterson

Curious if my friends son could work the PM shift after he gets out of school. I would ask HR but theres not a HR person in our building anymore.

QKRSTKR

I had a lady on my rte years ago who's son had an interview when 17. I put a word in for him and he was hired at 17. Was youngest working in the hub at that time. So yes they do. He worked twilight, 5pm-9pm roughly.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Curious if my friends son could work the PM shift after he gets out of school. I would ask HR but theres not a HR person in our building anymore.

I was hired my senior year of high school, about a month before my 18th birthday. Your friend's son will probably have to get a work permit. You have to be at least 17 to work at UPS.

undies

When I was hired, they told us you had to be 18 and have graduated high school. Different rules in California?

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
I was 17 when I was hired, that was in 2002 so who knows if it's been changed or not. This was in Memphis so could be different in different areas. Hell, just tell him to apply and try anyways what could it hurt?

nineyearsUGH

Hire 'em young. They don't start towards vesting in the pension until their 21. That's three, or four, years of working for other's retirement.

Sent using BrownCafe App

rod

Retired 22 years
When I started you had to be 21, have your military obligations out of the way and be married to be full time. I worked part time for around 4 months. I got married on the Friday before Memorial Day and was promoted to full time the following Tuesday after the 3 day weekend. 90 days later I was up to full pay scale. It used to be so simple.