Will you be tipping your preloader this coming holidays?

snarts

Have your load qualities been good enough that you feel your preloader deserve a little extra for all his hard work?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I tip my Helper the most if he shows up on time. My Preloader and mechanic get some too. I usually re-gift the cash that my customers give me. I keep the adult beverages.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
My regular loader is at driving school. I usually give him $100 but will prorate that to $75.

His replacement is struggling and this may be a difficult Peak for me.

"Prorate"????

Do you give him an itemized receipt with the tip???

Really who does that???

Oh only :censored2: bag mentality that probably speaks in third person.

"Hi loader, Dave decided to tip you but don't worry, Dave prorated it so that you know how much Dave appreciates you only part of the year "

Man up cheapskate and give the kid $100. Better yet give him $200.

He had to put up with you all year.

He earned it.

DriverNerd

I always get $50 and a card from my UPS Store. I just cross out my name in the card and put my preloaders and he gets the money. My preloader thinks it's hilarious.

WorknLateHuh

I think the Helpers should tip us for being 20 minutes late everyday! Yeah, what a headache

I asked him why he can't be bothered to be on time, and he says, "I'm usually late because I have to stop for breakfast and get gas." smh

Cementups

Box Monkey
No loader will be getting a tip from me this year. I have a rotisserie of loaders tackling my truck on a daily basis. And just when you think you have a good one......Poof....gone :(

Cementups

Box Monkey
I think the Helpers should tip us for being 20 minutes late everyday! Yeah, what a headache

I asked him why he can't be bothered to be on time, and he says, "I'm usually late because I have to stop for breakfast and get gas." smh

That's when you lie to them about when to be there. If you want him there at 11 tell him to be there at 10:45. Works for my wife. ;)

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I got a subway gift card one year from one driver I loaded for...I'm a cover driver so since I don't have my own loader I'll be spending that money on Jim beam.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I never tipped anyone at work but gave gifts throughout the year. gatorade and snacks for the loaders quite often and occasionally bought lunch/dinner for both the day and night shift mechanics and bosses at the shop.

davidix

My preloader is straight garbage..I go in early every day to fix my damn truck and whatever I don't get too there's always something wrong.

I'm not tiping this guy. Maybe he should tip me for loading his truck.