Will you be tipping your preloader this coming holidays?

Mustacheyouaquestion

60 minute lunch
Let's see, 60+ pound packages in 7900 section. long tubes in back of everything on 1000 sec. Several bulk stops always in two or more places. Atleast one FL2 mixed in with FL3. Oh and once a month a blown out box with cat litter everywhere! You sir, are not worthy of a tip.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I wish more drivers remembered there is 52 weeks of the year.
We are not waiters, we should not depend on tips as part of our income. When I was a loader, I was equally as grateful for a $10 or $20 gift card as I was for a $50 cash tip. In my opinion, the thought and the appreciation counted much more than the actual amount received.

Truth be told, I don't remember all of the Christmas tips I received in my almost decade of loading, but I NEVER forgot the 2 drivers who didn't tip...one of whom went out of his way to tell me that he'd have some cash for me after the New Year that year....and never gave me anything. Sadly, he was fired a few years later. :)

watdaflock?

How is loading now with those scanners and all that new "tech" stuff?
Luckily, being in one of UPS's smallest hubs in the Midwest is a benefit. All that new "tech" stuff doesn't make it here.

Just to give an idea of our location; pictured below is our hubs most senior driver "Zeb" out delivering his route.

3bc136f4f64319aace5f0d036fa2cc3e.jpg

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
No mention here of tipping us feedah drivers ,,, who bravely drive through the night to get pkgs to the center for you guys to enjoy !!!