Windows 7 beta

Windows 7 beta was just released yesterday. Anyone running it yet? Opinions? I have it running in on vmware, no opinion as of yet.

A

an anonymous guest

Hard to believe we would run any apps on Vista. Just here at home I run it on one machineand put up with:

'KNown Problem with HP Drivers'
'Outlook Data file not closed properly'
'Microsoft Word has ended'
'Internet Explorer not responding' (a zillion times!)

and lots of other annoyances....

and more....after a year these issues are not fixed. I can't believe they will ever be. I run Inter duocore, with 4 GB Ram....

Go UPS!
P71

haystak

Vista has been rock solid for me ever since SP1. I am dual booting with Windows 7 x64 now and it seems pretty polished. A couple of hiccups here and there, but hey , it's a beta. I love the native AAC/AVC support. Not too fond of the taskbar though, but it may grow on me.

ImpactedTSG

Vista has been rock solid for me ever since SP1. I am dual booting with Windows 7 x64 now and it seems pretty polished. A couple of hiccups here and there, but hey , it's a beta. I love the native AAC/AVC support. Not too fond of the taskbar though, but it may grow on me.
Dual booting? Why are you still doing that when virtualization is a much better solution?

phillyTSGtech

Philly TSG
I got this running on a spare laptop (Dell Inspiron E1505) and so far pretty impressed. None of the issues I had when Vista was running on it. Vista for one was always locking up on this machine for no reason. I had no added software on it, just a few games that are self-contained; only use Direct X 9c.

Since installing Windows 7 (installed it the same day it was released) no issues what so ever. I did do a clean install.

As for running it in a VM, I think VMs are nice, but you really do not get to see all the features available. Just get a Knoppix live CD and boot any PC with it, then boot a VM with it, you will see the difference right away, and it is a totally different user experience.

I agree, I do not like the new task bar so far, but am getting used to it. I prefer the Classic theme/task bar/start menus myself.