Winning a bid

brownmvp

Quick question. Won my first bid since working w/ the company. FT PCD. How long does it normally take to move to your new bid position? Not a bid route just to the new classification.

brownmvp

Depends on when they need you. Could be next week, could be April.
Wow that's crazy so i shouldnt consider myself FT then. i should just consider myself NEXT to go FT. Thanks for your response, i thought there was a certain amount of time they had to put you in the bid position. Im tired of the preload and as a tcd im not gauranteed anything

undies

As soon as you move to FT driving and pass probation, they're stuck with you as a FT employee. You will forever be guaranteed at least 8 hours of work, even if they try to lay you off.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
As soon as you move to FT driving and pass probation, they're stuck with you as a FT employee. You will forever be guaranteed at least 8 hours of work, even if they try to lay you off.
In the Central, you're only guaranteed 7 if you bump 2 part timers to avoid a layoff.

TheKid99

Ok and I have another question

When you bid and it's taken down

Do they do a background check and stuff on everyone on the list? I was told they're doing a background check on everyone who bidded on the sheet

PT Car Washer

Ok and I have another question

When you bid and it's taken down

Do they do a background check and stuff on everyone on the list? I was told they're doing a background check on everyone who bidded on the sheet
No they will not do a background check on everyone on the list. Only on the employees who are not disqualified for other reasons and even then the background checks will only be for the minimum level for the position you bid.

TheKid99

No they will not do a background check on everyone on the list. Only on the employees who are not disqualified for other reasons and even then the background checks will only be for the minimum level for the position you bid.

So I have a suspended license for failing to pay a non moving violation citation....

It's still suspended... Lol I was going to pay for it ASAP because once I pay it'll be lifted.

I wanted to pay it Friday this is why I asked.

I talked to the HR rep and she said this may or may not be a problem, lol.... I really think they're playing politics here.

PT Car Washer

So I have a suspended license for failing to pay a non moving violation citation....

It's still suspended... Lol I was going to pay for it ASAP because once I pay it'll be lifted.

I talked to the HR rep and she said this may or may not be a problem, lol.... I really think they're playing politics here.
I see where you are coming from here. If you get it taken care of before the Motor Vehicle report comes down you may be okay. Of course UPS may consider you as not responsible enough to take care of your financial obligations your are not responsible for a driving job.

TheKid99

I see where you are coming from here. If you get it taken care of before the Motor Vehicle report comes down you may be okay. Of course UPS may consider you as not responsible enough to take care of your financial obligations your are not responsible for a driving job.

Lol yeah it's my fault so you think I should get it taken care of tomorrow? What would be their point of running a MVR check if I'm like 7 on the bid list (seniority)

PT Car Washer

Lol yeah it's my fault so you think I should get it taken care of tomorrow? What would be their point of running a MVR check if I'm like 7 on the bid list (seniority)
Because 6 of them signed knowing they could not qualify or would drop off just to mess with the younger guys who do want the job. Happens every bid.

margaritaville

I know someone who had his license suspended for a MIP at 20.

Anyways, he can't switch to fulltime for 3 years cause he has a suspension on his license. That is a 250,000$ mip in the grand scheme of things. Hopefully, you didnt cause yourself a 250,000$ parking ticket.

TheKid99

I know someone who had his license suspended for a MIP at 20.

Anyways, he can't switch to fulltime for 3 years cause he has a suspension on his license. That is a 250,000$ mip in the grand scheme of things. Hopefully, you didnt cause yourself a 250,000$ parking ticket.

My HR rep said if they can't process it I'll have to wait a year I'm hoping not, though.

By The Book

My HR rep said if they can't process it I'll have to wait a year I'm hoping not, though.
If your talking about a sign up list from part time to full time it may not come into play. If you are not going to be in the class they shouldn't need to put you under the microscope just yet. Get it paid ASAP. This will help so it falls off your record hopefully before they need you.

TheKid99

If your talking about a sign up list from part time to full time it may not come into play. If you are not going to be in the class they shouldn't need to put you under the microscope just yet. Get it paid ASAP. This will help so it falls off your record hopefully before they need you.
Sound good to me I'll get it paid first thing Friday morning.