Winos Unite

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
"Taste great less filling" I know I have posted on the beer threads and still love a cold beer but over the last 10 years my taste has changed to red wine, have a glass or two every night and on Friday's maybe a bit more.My partner and I along with our wifes have been making and bottling wine for the last 6 years with California grapes .Aged in oak barrels for 10-12 months we typically bottle 120 to 240 bottles a year.Anything from a Brunello to a Super Tuscan blend. We just bottled a Pinot Noir that is awesome.We go to a place that has the equipment press, barrels etc but basically do the work ourselves.The price averages out to about $10.00- $11.00 a bottle but is worth it in fun and quality.We have had nothing but good reviews about our vino "Lights Out" is on the label.Anybody else make their own wine out there.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
My brother in law and his wife do. I can't take him seriously though. He's what you'd call a boyfriend chameleon. Takes on all the interests of significant other and no thinks for himself. I don't know if he knew the difference in box wine and 25 year old wine. Now it's ports and semi-sweets, trimming vines and cleaning pallets what a joke. No disrespect to you of course.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
You know some wine drinkers can be snooty "cab snobs" I say if it taste good drink it . I have had $10.00 bottles $25.00 bottles ,got seriously buzzed on $50.00 bottles and savored $100.00 + bottles but to me they all taste good and I could not tell you about the tannins or finiish or if it had notes of horse pucky.My brother has brought wine back from Italy that taste like dirt so you say it is "earthy" as you pour it down the kitchen sink. It is all what you like.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We knew one of those snobs. When UPS mgrs. had a party, no host had good wine according to him, so he would bring his own bottle. He talked the "fruity, woody, exotic" tastes like an expert.

One time he brought his bottle to the district mgr's. Christmas party . Of course he bragged about the quality of his wine.He left it for the caterer to open & serve. We were sick of his snobniness. We emptied his wine and filled his bottle with a $15 wine.

I figure, he'd never tried the one he brought..........He was served "his" wine and the bragging started. He loved it. We never told him, but from now on if he started bragging, people just went, "yada, yada, yada...how's your lawn?"

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
"Taste great less filling" I know I have posted on the beer threads and still love a cold beer but over the last 10 years my taste has changed to red wine, have a glass or two every night and on Friday's maybe a bit more.My partner and I along with our wifes have been making and bottling wine for the last 6 years with California grapes .Aged in oak barrels for 10-12 months we typically bottle 120 to 240 bottles a year.Anything from a Brunello to a Super Tuscan blend. We just bottled a Pinot Noir that is awesome.We go to a place that has the equipment press, barrels etc but basically do the work ourselves.The price averages out to about $10.00- $11.00 a bottle but is worth it in fun and quality.We have had nothing but good reviews about our vino "Lights Out" is on the label.Anybody else make their own wine out there.
That sounds like a lot of fun. I was a red wine guy but over the years my taste has shifted to whites, I used to love Italian reds but nowadays they feel a little too heavy especially on hot summer days. I don't drink every day anymore but I do like a glass or two of chilled Vouvray on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. I think people waaay over pay for wine, I rarely spend more than $15 for a bottle.

moreluck

golden ticket member
That sounds like a lot of fun. I was a red wine guy but over the years my taste has shifted to whites, I used to love Italian reds but nowadays they feel a little too heavy especially on hot summer days. I don't drink every day anymore but I do like a glass or two of chilled Vouvray on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. I think people waaay over pay for wine, I rarely spend more than $15 for a bottle.

We have a bunch of Bev-Mo stores and I don't price wines, but they are suppose to have everything at reasonable prices.
A new kind opened up too and I've received many ads, but forget the name.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
We have a lot of fun bottling always have a open bottle close by and a half filled glass in hand . The place where we make our wine in called the Wine Room Cherry Hill NJ. They always have the various wines on hand that groups made the year before for you to taste . We bring all kinds of food to eat and have a good time ,then my wife drives home LOL.
Welcome to The Wine Room!

moreluck

golden ticket member
The Barefoot Contessa says, never cook with a wine you wouldn't drink. I hate wine andwouldn't drink any of it, but use white or red...whatever the recipe calls for.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"

There she goes with fruity herbal tones and notes of chocolate....... Martha is probably getting paid by some of the wineries . Stewie's pick of the week is Sobon Old Vine Zin comes with a screw cap which really pisses the wine snobs off but who cares it is really good and a great buy @ about $15.00 a bottle.My brother who travels extensively in Europe and is a wine affecianoto ,my sister and I drank three bottles of this wine last Christmas Eve at the patio firepit enjoyed the wine immensley and never felt the cold. LOL

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The irony of being a recovering alcoholic who delivers in wine country is...ironic.

I have several very high-end vineyards and wineries on my route who inevitably give me bottles of wine as Xmas gifts. I graciously accept them, and take them home for my wife to enjoy.