Winter driver hats.

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Johnnyfootball2014, Nov 15, 2014.

1. RonBurgandy??????????

RonBurgandy?????????? God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

What is acceptable ? Only the itchy pos standard issue ?
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  2. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

I had a fur-lined Russian style hat (with the ear flaps) that I would wear when it got into the teens and below. Never had a problem.

(It was dark brown.)
  3. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Any brown sock hat wouldn't get a second look. I have one I bought from Amazon as the issued ones are way to thick and itchy.
  4. BUCN85

BUCN85 Active Member

Under armour hats are great. Keeps you warm. But has the moisture wicking lining so of you sweat the fabric wicks it away so you stay dry which is a must. Also I don't think it HAS to be brown. Several drivers wear black ones
  5. Packmule

Packmule Well-Known Member

I wear the yellow, white and brown one with the company logo on the front that you get through the Spirit of UPS catalog. Matches the coat perfectly.
    They complain about footwear in our building, even socks, but when it comes to winter hats they seem pretty flexible. I think maybe one person in our building still wears the company issued brown stocking cap.
  6. ZQXC

ZQXC Guest

this is my go to hat for cold delivery days

7. The Driver

The Driver Active Member

I wear the company issued stocking hat over my company issued hat with ear flaps. Yes, I'm talking about company hats on a Saturday night.
  8. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

My bosses have said that as long as it is brown, go ahead and wear it. I have a brown mushers hat, very light and adjustable for coverage.
  9. upsbeernut

upsbeernut Sometimes I feel like a nut, sometimes i dont.

10. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

If it's cold enough I wear a hat its a full face shield and I care what color it is in wearing it. Usually red or black.
  11. barnyard

12. upsbeernut

They really don't care at all cause you have too much work to begin with and comfort is up to you and I know management is not coming out there to see if your uniform is well, uniform. Shinable shoe days have been over for a long time ,make room for beards, earrings, and baggy pants.
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  13. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

I got one of those also. Its big enough to where I can still wear my Bluetooth headphones underneath and still have room. Really warm too.
  14. upsbeernut

15. 9.5er

9.5er Well-Known Member

That's not a problem you want to have on a Saturday night.
  16. upsbeernut

Smart aleck fur hats well ill be sure I get two at 160.00 a pop
  17. upsbeernut

I got pills for that and they're not the expensive blue ones. The Chinese know what their doing in that department, look at their crowded cities. Your right you don't want a rubber chicken on Saturdays .
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. barnyard

My 1st reply turned up a bad search.

Lands End, Sierra Trading Post and Duluth Trading all used to carry a mushers hat. The hat in the above link is very similar to what I wear. I really, really like mine.
  19. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

I been know to help fix this issue for many.
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  20. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

Just because you shot Jesse James, don't make you Jesse James.