Winter Driving

BigBeef42

Heres a topic to cool you off.

When driving in the snow how many stops per hour do you average?

Just wondering wayyy in advance

Less Runnin, More Stunnin

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Business. Screw resi's unless the road is perfectly flat. Any hill or curve you're going to lose traction, and get blamed for the wreck that you have. Just EC 70% of the route until the streets are clear, there's nothing on your truck worth getting into a wreck or injured for

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Business. Screw resi's unless the road is perfectly flat. Any hill or curve you're going to lose traction, and get blamed for the wreck that you have. Just EC 70% of the route until the streets are clear, there's nothing on your truck worth getting into a wreck or injured for

...and you want to drive a feeder??

S

selfcancelsignal

As many as I can safely do. I get paid by the hour, not by the stop count or piece count.
Yep, & as I stated in a post last year, if mgmt. ever bothers you about being over allowed in cold slippery winter weather, your response should be, "Hey, I was just adjusting to changing conditions."

Sent while chasing down unnecessary Dish Network call tags.

ManInBrown

Depends on the conditions, and how bad it is out.. Usually around 10. Not concerned one bit. Whatever it is, it is. Safety comes first. Any inkling of getting stuck before you head down a street and its EC every time. The last thing you want to do is get stuck and be that guy/gal that needs to be pulled out. Its considered an accident here if the wrecker has to come out. Or a warning letter? Cant remember.

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
Heres a topic to cool you off.

When driving in the snow how many stops per hour do you average?

Just wondering wayyy in advance

Less Runnin, More Stunnin
Exactly 0 stops per hour! None of the trucks in our area are equipped with snow tires. Since UPS has a zero tolerance accident policy, when it snows here, I call out.