Winter foot wear / ice cleats

Schweddy

Balls
anyone wear them? all day long? indoor/outdoor?

Found these and they look sweet. Surprised that FX is not on the logo page. Can any UPS/USPS folks chime in on the "winterwalking" models?

I'd be interested in trying the low-pro model.

Winter Walking

dezguy

anyone wear them? all day long? indoor/outdoor?

Found these and they look sweet. Surprised that FX is not on the logo page. Can any UPS/USPS folks chime in on the "winterwalking" models?

I'd be interested in trying the low-pro model.

Winter Walking
We were issued them years ago but I refuse to wear them as they cause my back to hurt.

They try to press the issue and mandate we have to wear wear them but a comment about being off on comp or a note from a Dr/chiropractor makes them back off right quick.

McFeely

Huge Member
Our station ordered some last year but we didn't get them until about April. I'll have to ask if we have any that I can use or if they've already disappeared.

Not worth a damn. If you ONLY walk, they are fine, but if you plan to move at a brisker pace than a brick walk, they will shift and slide off. They are SUPER slippery on the aluminum and stainless of the truck too.

Schweddy

Balls
Not worth a damn. If you ONLY walk, they are fine, but if you plan to move at a brisker pace than a brick walk, they will shift and slide off. They are SUPER slippery on the aluminum and stainless of the truck too.

You have a set of the low pro winter walking? Or one of 50k
Other styles that are all slick on floors?

I apologize, I was referring to the 50k other models of spikes. I am just very jaded now from the whole concept, but I encourage you to go get the ones you think are best and wear them dang things out. Either they will work or won't.

Schweddy

Balls
Their website seems promising. I was reading about some with the golf style screw in carbide spikes and how dangerous they were off the snow/ice and I started looking around.

I'd just like to avoid the situation you might have experienced. Honestly, most of these are meant for hiking and such.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Their website seems promising. I was reading about some with the golf style screw in carbide spikes and how dangerous they were off the snow/ice and I started looking around.

I'd just like to avoid the situation you might have experienced. Honestly, most of these are meant for hiking and such.

Personally, I wouldn't wear anything with carbide spikes into a business.

We were issued ice spikes when I was at UPS, and I only wore them on the few occasions I had to walk down or up an icy drive.

Schweddy

Balls
Personally, I wouldn't wear anything with carbide spikes into a business.

We were issued ice spikes when I was at UPS, and I only wore them on the few occasions I had to walk down or up an icy drive.

I've considered buying my own that I'd have to take on and off as needed.

Obviously you have never waded in a trout stream.

Not for fishing, but yes, rocks can be seriously slick.

MassWineGuy

The ones with little studs are best in terms of keeping on while driving. I can't see doing this with spikes. Essential gear when sheer ice appears.