Winter...Iiiit's a comin'!

M

Mike23

We got a few flakes here in Calgary...Enough to cover the cars and essentially shut down the city (they don't plow the roads or salt them here because it costs money). Everyone in the building's working 12 hours right now because nobody can drive faster then 30KPH...I had 20 misses yesterday, 6 today. One driver had 60 misses today that I heard of. We don't get flak for it do to the road conditions but it's still poop.

IIIIT'S BAAAAAACK!

Winter that is :biting::biting::biting:

hdtvtechno

Samething could happen here in Chicago
cuz the city wants to outsource the street plowing to a private company.
cuz the city doesnt want to pay overtime for its union workers

over9five

Staff member
Samething could happen here in Chicago
cuz the city wants to outsource the street plowing to a private company.
cuz the city doesnt want to pay overtime for its union workers

Make sure you refuse to drive on any road plowed by scab replacement workers!

Hopefully, they'll picket some city buildings so you guys can honor their lines!

SLeDHeaD

PLEASE DON'T ASK!
I love WINTER!:happy2: BUT not on my ROUTE!!! LOL
Seney, Michigan MLK weekend 2009 051 [800x600].jpg

EmerCond421

We got some weather here in the Rockies this past week, and the wind was horrendous. Always a nice combination; snow covered ice for 90 miles with wind gusts 50 - 60mph. Pushed my package car into oncoming lane 3 times, thankfully no oncoming traffic. Was only going 35 mph in a 65 zone. Could see trying to explain: But I was countersteering!

ups1990

Couldn't tell you. It was sunny and comfortable here in So Cal. Had the grill on today flipping burgers in shorts and flip-flops.

rod

Retired 22 years
I put the motorcycle away away today. I finally gave up waiting for one last warm streak- ain't going to happen now. It's been in the 30's and 40's for the last month and the next 10 days looks like countinued crap. Time to start thinking about ice fishing now (at least right after hunting season is over). I will probably throw the m/c in the pickup and head to Arizona in Jan. - Feb. If nothing else I'm sure I will be heading to Texas a couple times this winter to visit the Grandkids. Before any of you "southern" folk give me a hard time about living in the "cold" north I will tell you right now you couldn't pay me enough to deal with the sweltering heat and humidity you deal with 6-8 months a year. To each their own:wink2:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I put the motorcycle away away today. I finally gave up waiting for one last warm streak- ain't going to happen now. It's been in the 30's and 40's for the last month and the next 10 days looks like countinued crap. Time to start thinking about ice fishing now (at least right after hunting season is over). I will probably throw the m/c in the pickup and head to Arizona in Jan. - Feb. If nothing else I'm sure I will be heading to Texas a couple times this winter to visit the Grandkids. Before any of you "southern" folk give me a hard time about living in the "cold" north I will tell you right now you couldn't pay me enough to deal with the sweltering heat and humidity you deal with 6-8 months a year. To each their own:wink2:
Snowbird!