Winter is back !

klein

Für Meno :)
A new thread to post this years new winter pics and news .

Edmonton Area being hit hard today with a winter blizzard that is going to envolve into being the first Alberta Clipper heading to the midwest and east.

Somewhere in the snow this is a 4 lane highway in the middle of the day. Visibility sucks!

City of Edmonton
PARKING BAN DECLARED!

Parking on residential bus routes will be banned as of 7 a.m. on Friday, November 18. Vehicles not removed by that time will be subject to tagging and towing. The parking ban will be in effect until further notice is issued. Thank you for your cooperation.

klein

"my" forcasted Alberta Clipper is hitting the midwest today. I guess their long time forecast was reight with El Ninja, the north being cold with lpots of snow, and draught in the south.

Nevada is burning and I'm freezing .

klein

Unbelievable and no Aprils fool joke either ! :(

WestJet

Travel advisory - Calgary and Edmonton

A winter storm warning has been announced for Calgary and Edmonton on April 4, 2012.

This may cause the delay or cancellation of WestJet flights to and from Calgary and Edmonton. We advise all guests travelling to or from these areas on April 4, 2012 to check the status of their flight prior to leaving for the airport.

moreluck

golden ticket member
It's 12:30 P.M.
It's 72 degrees, 34% humidity, 7 MPH breeze with 10 mile visibility. That's so close to perfect we made San Diego jealous!!

texan

Unbelievable and no Aprils fool joke either ! :(

WestJet

Travel advisory - Calgary and Edmonton

A winter storm warning has been announced for Calgary and Edmonton on April 4, 2012.

This may cause the delay or cancellation of WestJet flights to and from Calgary and Edmonton. We advise all guests travelling to or from these areas on April 4, 2012 to check the status of their flight prior to leaving for the airport.

At least one more shot to get the ground moist for farming there.

klein

At least one more shot to get the ground moist for farming there.

That is so true, that's why we aren't complaining, everything is so brown here. We need it. Grass might finally turn green and farmers will be joyful !

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

moreluck

golden ticket member
This is not the first major snowstorm of the year----we have already had a 16" snowfall. Anything a foot or more is considered to be a major snowstorm.

I lived in Mass. during the Blizzard of '78. I can recall jumping off the roof of the house in to the snow banks.

This storm will rival that one and I am so glad that where I live will be (for the most part) spared (4-9").

The article wasn't referring to you.........it was for those that hadn't seen significant.....read sentence below......

BOSTON (AP) — People in the Northeast stocked up on food and supplies and road crews readied salt and sand Thursday as the region braced for a major winter storm that could bring up to 2 feet of snow to places that haven't seen significant accumulations in more than a year.

If you have seen significant snowfalls this year, then this article is not referring to you. The northeast is more than just upstate NY

Babagounj

Strength through joy
What makes this storm different from 1978 , there was a large snowfall already on the ground when the storm hit and another one a few days later.
It snowed here this Tues. & it was gone by Weds.

moreluck

golden ticket member
So, do you all hope that the groundhog hole gets plugged with snow and Mr. Groundhog dies a horrible suffocation death ????

Die varmit, die !!!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
HelleJ20130209_low.jpg