winters here...what r u wearing

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I wear a UPS hoodie that was in the UPS catalog. I have heard that hoodies are a grey area and could go away as a 'flavor of the week.' I try to keep mine clean to stay off the radar.
We were told that hoodies no matter if UPS branded or not, are no longer allowed. With the cheap quality uniforms we get, what do they expect us to do to keep warm.

scooby0048

I think they were in the 1st catalog I looked at when I started driving. I think it was $80, so I passed. Now I regret it.
Some of the military /law enforcement catalogs sell the brown sweaters with the elbow patches and shoulder epaulets. They are great, I have two but in LAPD blue.

Like this one:
SW667_BLK_1500_1.JPG

Rack em

Made the Podium
We were told that hoodies no matter if UPS branded or not, are no longer allowed. With the cheap quality uniforms we get, what do they expect us to do to keep warm.
We were told the same thing last month during a pcm. We get some cold ass winters in Montana, so if they want to play that game, they either supply us with proper winter gear or I'm not coming into work due to unsafe work conditions

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
We were told the same thing last month during a pcm. We get some cold ass winters in Montana, so if they want to play that game, they either supply us with proper winter gear or I'm not coming into work due to unsafe work conditions
They require us to PCM it. Whether we choose to enforce it though is another thing.

Unless I can't recognize you as a UPS driver when you walk in the door, I'm not going to say anything. It's cold out. I'm in a warm office all day, and you're out freezing your tail off. Who am I to say you can't wear under armour or other warm clothes?

Rack em

Made the Podium
They require us to PCM it. Whether we choose to enforce it though is another thing.

Unless I can't recognize you as a UPS driver when you walk in the door, I'm not going to say anything. It's cold out. I'm in a warm office all day, and you're out freezing your tail off. Who am I to say you can't wear under armour or other warm clothes?
They told us at the pcm that we cannot have anything not ups issued showing? Maybe they mis worded it, but it sure riled up alot of drivers lol

Octave

As a loader, I don't have to wear the browns, so just about everything I wear is from Duluth Trading. Got nice socks, boxers, pants, shirts...so ok, yeah emostly Duluth. The only thing not Duluth are basketball shorts, wear those almost every day unless it's actually snowing or really windy.

scooby0048

Wyoming here so I feel ya and agree!

Run a little faster?
Kidding of course (please don't run).

When it's bitter cold out, I couldn't run if you put jet fuel up my ass and lit it. I get really bad migraines and have a hard time walking let alone running.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
They told us at the pcm that we cannot have anything not ups issued showing? Maybe they mis worded it, but it sure riled up alot of drivers lol
With the obvious exception of boots, that is correct. Carhartt makes some pretty convincing stuff close to pullman brown though. Sometimes I may accidentally think it's part of the provided UPS uniform..

scooby0048

There are some dicks that would enforce it but why, is my question. What harm is it to UPS that driver was wearing an UA, NF, or any other hoodie or article of clothing that is warm and comfortable. The hoodie, maybe I can understand as blocking your peripheral vision and possibly causing a subdued hearing level but other things?

Rack em

Made the Podium
Which brings up another question... Why do we have to not only pay for ups socks BUT we have to pay like $11 to have them shipped. $11 to ship socks, are you friend&^%ing kidding me? Socks should be issued like the rest of the uniform!

Grey

Light and tight. Problem with being tall is jackets and shirts just get wider the longer you go. I had a brown non-ups hoodie I used to wear but it got worn down and doesn't matter my pants as well.

Octave

Light and tight. Problem with being tall is jackets and shirts just get wider the longer you go. I had a brown non-ups hoodie I used to wear but it got worn down and doesn't matter my pants as well.
http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/mens/mens-shirts/big-tall-shirts/bt-work-shirts.aspx
The tall stuff is great. I use some of their long shirts, both Ts and button downs and they're great at being long enough for me but not baggy.

Though I've not been able to find a good jacket that's long without being baggy...

watdaflock?

They don't want the under armor logo showing....our one sup. Doesn't care he says as long as it keeps u warm wear it...the other two u gotta avoid in the morning
Every driver at your hub should wear UA with the logo slightly showing. Go stand next to the sups and do it on an especially busy day.
I want to see if the sups are brave enough to send every driver home to change.

FeeDerp

I hear ya man. I told them I can't wear it because it's too short and it would chap my belly button, so I wear a zip up ups hoodie and the regular uni's.

Put the heat on 2 and crack the passenger window and that's the perfect setting right there

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

first cold day of the year..in the teens where I'm at. Had 6 layers on up top(shirts) n 2 layers of pants..as I said in a previous post I HATE wearing a ton of clothes feel clostraphobic(sp)....j/w what everyone else wears to keep warm but not feel like the young kid from a Xmas story.

6 layers on top and 2 on the bottom? You are clearly overdressed.

It was in the single numbers here all day yesterday. I had my UA tops and bottoms, two pairs of socks, LS shirt, pants, coat and hat. I don't wear gloves. I was very comfortable.