Wipeout: UPS ads facing the eraser

Discussion in 'The Latest UPS Headlines' started by cheryl, Oct 28, 2009.

1. cheryl

cheryl I started this. Staff Member

Wipeout: UPS ads facing the eraser - Atlanta Journal Constitution

Time is running out for that long-haired, Fabio-looking guy who became a star of sorts for drawing on a whiteboard in a series of UPS ads.

A spokesman for Sandy Springs-based United Parcel Service confirmed Tuesday that the company’s new advertising agency, Ogilvy & Mather, New York, will develop a new campaign, and “that means change.”

Over a two-year run, the ads —- and Andy Azula, the raven-tressed whiteboard doodler —- became a cultural phenomenon, as well as the object of scores of YouTube spoofs.

2. Dizzee

Dizzee ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs

Some of the new agency's work. This should be interesting.

Ogilvy & Mather ads on You Tube.

3. clueless

clueless New Member

"Fabio-looking guy"-- are you kidding! No way! Sorry, he's not fugly, but not exactly a fabio-caliber hunk either. In any case, after a noticeable absence, the latest ads lack any kind of energy--totally meaningless and bland--it's almost as thought 'the whiteboard guy' is ready to fall asleep during his monologue. I can't imagine the new ad agency will do worse.

4. klein

klein Für Meno :)

+1 !
    Always wondered how bad it was.
    Long hair like him, we wouldn't even get hired !

5. rushfan

rushfan Well-Known Member

What!!! No more steve perry?!?

6. randomUPSISer

randomUPSISer New Member

Good riddance

I dont know a single UPS'er that thought the whiteboard commercials were good

7. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Hi, my name is Dave. Nice to meet you. Yes, I liked the commercials.

8. randomUPSISer

randomUPSISer New Member

Statistical outlier :wink2:

9. Please....ANYTHING but CHANGE!!!

Puts new meaning to the "C-word".

I'm afraid....very afraid

10. UpstateNYUPSer

In statistics, an outlier[1] is an observation that is numerically distant from the rest of the data. Grubbs[2] defined an outlier as:
    An outlying observation, or outlier, is one that appears to deviate markedly from other members of the sample in which it occurs.

11. randomUPSISer

randomUPSISer New Member

To add to that, its actually more than +- 3 standard deviations away from the statistical mean. Meaning its .3 percent of the total sampling. I know exactly what it means. Thats why I used it

In jest of course. I really just dont like the ads and it doesnt seem anyone else I work with does either. I realize some people obviously do like them.

12. UpstateNYUPSer

I admit that I actually did not know the full meaning (I had an idea but wasn't sure) so posted the definition more for my use.