Wipeout: UPS ads facing the eraser

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Wipeout: UPS ads facing the eraser - Atlanta Journal Constitution

Time is running out for that long-haired, Fabio-looking guy who became a star of sorts for drawing on a whiteboard in a series of UPS ads.

A spokesman for Sandy Springs-based United Parcel Service confirmed Tuesday that the company’s new advertising agency, Ogilvy & Mather, New York, will develop a new campaign, and “that means change.”

Over a two-year run, the ads —- and Andy Azula, the raven-tressed whiteboard doodler —- became a cultural phenomenon, as well as the object of scores of YouTube spoofs.

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs

Time is running out for that long-haired, Fabio-looking guy who became a star of sorts for drawing on a whiteboard in a series of UPS ads.

A spokesman for Sandy Springs-based United Parcel Service confirmed Tuesday that the company’s new advertising agency, Ogilvy & Mather, New York, will develop a new campaign, and “that means change.”

Over a two-year run, the ads —- and Andy Azula, the raven-tressed whiteboard doodler —- became a cultural phenomenon, as well as the object of scores of YouTube spoofs.

Some of the new agency's work. This should be interesting.

Ogilvy & Mather ads on You Tube.

clueless

"Fabio-looking guy"-- are you kidding! No way! Sorry, he's not fugly, but not exactly a fabio-caliber hunk either. In any case, after a noticeable absence, the latest ads lack any kind of energy--totally meaningless and bland--it's almost as thought 'the whiteboard guy' is ready to fall asleep during his monologue. I can't imagine the new ad agency will do worse.

klein

Für Meno :)
"Fabio-looking guy"-- are you kidding! No way! Sorry, he's not fugly, but not exactly a fabio-caliber hunk either. In any case, after a noticeable absence, the latest ads lack any kind of energy--totally meaningless and bland--it's almost as thought 'the whiteboard guy' is ready to fall asleep during his monologue. I can't imagine the new ad agency will do worse.

+1 !
Always wondered how bad it was.
Long hair like him, we wouldn't even get hired !

D

Dis-organized Labor

Please....ANYTHING but CHANGE!!!

Puts new meaning to the "C-word".

I'm afraid....very afraid

randomUPSISer

In statistics, an outlier[1] is an observation that is numerically distant from the rest of the data. Grubbs[2] defined an outlier as:
An outlying observation, or outlier, is one that appears to deviate markedly from other members of the sample in which it occurs.

To add to that, its actually more than +- 3 standard deviations away from the statistical mean. Meaning its .3 percent of the total sampling. I know exactly what it means. Thats why I used it

In jest of course. I really just dont like the ads and it doesnt seem anyone else I work with does either. I realize some people obviously do like them.