Wiper blades Up or Down?

Wipers up or down during a snowstorm

• Total voters

oldngray

nowhere special
daily_picdump_2023_640_18.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
Yes. Many times. I'm originally from Wisconsin and went to college in Michigan.

You start your car, let it warm up a bit with the defroster on. Gradually scrape the ice away with out turning on your wipers. Apparently those of you who rarely deal with winter weather, do it wrong.

I knew there was a reason!!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

One of the funniest stories I ever heard while on active duty was about the guy who was running a bit late for work on a cold winter morning and decided to defrost his windshield by pouring a pot of very warm water on it. Didn't work out to well for him.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
One of the funniest stories I ever heard while on active duty was about the guy who was running a bit late for work on a cold winter morning and decided to defrost his windshield by pouring a pot of very warm water on it. Didn't work out to well for him.
I cracked one while washing my truck on a really hot day. Expensive lesson

watdaflock?

Use Rain-X or another product , cuts down on scrapping time .
For heavy snowfalls I spray on some tire shine on the roof and the hood . Makes the snow fall right off .
Good idea. If you "wax" your car during the winter at one of those spray ($ quarter) auto-washes, make sure to spray your windshield.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....

What did active duty add to the story?