Wireless Speaker

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
You can use a cell phone as GPS, Radio, computer, MP3 player, stream videos, E-MAIL, just bringing you up to date on the cell phone technology son lmfao. Been using my cell as a music listener for 3 or 4 years now. So convenient its ridiculous lol.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
You can use a cell phone as GPS, Radio, computer, MP3 player, stream videos, E-MAIL, just bringing you up to date on the cell phone technology son lmfao. Been using my cell as a music listener for 3 or 4 years now. So convenient its ridiculous lol.
Not a smartphone though. I just can't justify having one. A real radio is all I need.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
You cant justify knocking out 5 devices with 1 with a cell phone? What the hell is wrong with you son lol. Don't be scared of technology GRANDPA, IT DONT BITE I PROMISE lol.
Well, I like using maps and have a good sense of direction anyway so that takes care of the GPS. My dedicated mp3 player is still well and kicking, and is much more intuitive in terms of playing music. The battery is also phenomenal. And as far as a computer and streaming video goes I can just wait until I get home and use my actual computer. Nothing that important out there and much easier to use. I don't get important emails anyway. Plus I love the luxury that comes with just turning my phone OFF when I use these things.

Seriously. I can't justify it at all.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Headphones are unsafe, no matter what Jumpy Jump tells you. It doesn't matter what or where you deliver. You shouldn't have anything on or in your ears.

Arcfyre

Bluetooth headphones are the way to go. 1st of all its unprofessional to roll up to a customer with your music blaring and 2nd a customer doesn't want to listen to what your listening to, some customers anyway. Yeah roll up to mom mom and pop pop wih Metallica bumpin, you get where im going with this dude lol. Bluetooth headphones, kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Listen to music and talk on phone without taking hand off wheel. Some people are still stuck in the 70s n 80s though so its all good lmfao.

I have tried both, and I prefer a speaker to a set of headphones. After an hour of having the ear buds in, my ears start to get uncomfortable. Plus, like other people have mentioned, having headphones in while driving is not exactly safe or professional either.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I have tried both, and I prefer a speaker to a set of headphones. After an hour of having the ear buds in, my ears start to get uncomfortable. Plus, like other people have mentioned, having headphones in while driving is not exactly safe or professional either.
Ear buds hurt your ears, I feel ya on that 1. Having a speaker in the cab and having headphones on, both would be considered in cab distractions. Having the headphones on isnt not safe, its the same thing as having a Bluetooth ear piece in kinda like what the guys who drive the 18 wheelers you see all the time. Only difference is they go on your ears not in your ear. Everybody has the big misconception about them and they picture them in their head as like the DJ style headphones, their not like that at all. Like these
41ddVQeCpOL.jpg

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Headphones are unsafe, no matter what Jumpy Jump tells you. It doesn't matter what or where you deliver. You shouldn't have anything on or in your ears.
Boombox blaring music is safer? Sorry dude, love ya to death but its the same difference really. Never said I turn them on all day, pick my spots where its safe not where its unsafe to turn them on and jamm lol.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Boombox blaring music is safer? Sorry dude, love ya to death but its the same difference really. Never said I turn them on all day, pick my spots where its safe not where its unsafe to turn them on and jamm lol.

no one said blaring. I admit to trying headphones once. Once. Never again. At least within an outside speaker you can still hear the outside noises. horns honking, sirens blaring, people yelling, etc. I couldn't do that with headphones.
Also, in most states it is illegal to have headphones on/in while driving be it your own vehicle or commercial. Check your laws as applicable.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Honestly most of my time listening to music on them is out in the country or developments. Highway nah, aint worth it or in business areas nah. Definitely pick my spots wisely.

Cementups

Box Monkey
How's the shoulder progressing?

Slowly. Doctor said probably another 2 months. No surgery. They want it to heal on it's own and then do physical therapy to get the movement back in my arm. Waiting to get my approval for disability and then had to file for unemployment since UPS denied me light duty. Looks like I'm approved for that, just waiting for the green. With the two together I'll get paid almost as much to stay at home as I did to go to work. But i would rather be at work. :/

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not to make light of your situation but this is exactly why we (drivers) all should seriously considering purchasing a supplemental health insurance policy. These pay in addition to any other coverage, including comp, unemployment and disability.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Well, I like using maps and have a good sense of direction anyway so that takes care of the GPS. My dedicated mp3 player is still well and kicking, and is much more intuitive in terms of playing music. The battery is also phenomenal. And as far as a computer and streaming video goes I can just wait until I get home and use my actual computer. Nothing that important out there and much easier to use. I don't get important emails anyway. Plus I love the luxury that comes with just turning my phone OFF when I use these things.

Seriously. I can't justify it at all.

Someone mentioned the sharkk

There is a place to plug in an accessory cable. Take your mp3 and plug it into the Sharkk(or any other small mobile boombox) and you are good to go.
The sharkk battery lasts all day. Good sound and good quality.

Man Of Brown

This is what i use. Throw it up on the dash after business or most the day on rural routes. Keep my phone in a cup holder. Get 3-4 days out of it. I also keep one of those back up battery packs with me too. I used to have the Bluetooth headset like Jump talks about but got warned during an observation. Can only use one ear they said. It's loud enough I've listened to it on the freeway with the doors open. I usually keep it low so its not a disturbance and I hit pause when have a call tag, Sig req or the customer is outside.

So far it works. Doesn't have a radio and I wish there was a skip button on the speaker. Other than that its great.

Edit: Link isn't working. But its an Anker A7908. You can google it I guess.

Last edited:

Cementups

Box Monkey
Not to make light of your situation but this is exactly why we (drivers) all should seriously considering purchasing a supplemental health insurance policy. These pay in addition to any other coverage, including comp, unemployment and disability.

Fortunately STD and unemployment are paying over $800 combined after taxes. I/We can survive on that as I/we normally would.