wiring up 12volt power source

Status
Not open for further replies.

barnyard

KTM rider
Contractually, we can have radios in the cabs. There is nothing about the company providing power for them, though. In our region, if you use truck power and are caught, you can be termed.

MobileBA

A: I have had an electrical fire, wow....do they bun fast! B: I had it bannanna clipped on to the main batteries bad call. C: I subsequently found a souce off the diad slot in the truck to clip to.

P

pickup

You know they could put hookups in the PCs for you guys. Supervisor comments not withstanding. Look in a tractor. Right there on the dash Pos and Neg hookups (also left and right speakers too).Always fuse + and- if you hook up wrong you won't burn up radio or truck, fuses are cheap.:happy2:

I could be wrong but fuses won't prevent damage to the radio when hooking up the wrong way to the pos and neg hookups on the dash. If the flow of the direct current is going the wrong way into the radio, the transitor will burn out in about 5 seconds. The fuse will only break when the amperage of the current is exceeded. .

Unfortunately, I speak from experience. Burnt out radio, fuse intact

What'dyabringmetoday???

Not to brag or anything, but, I've been known to work, listen to the radio, and chew gum at the same time.

:wink2:
Don't forget, there are some drivers that are too busy calling customers on their cell phone to try to pedal packages quicker and impress the boss. They could probably listen to the radio for the hour before start time that they are sorting.

upsman68

Don't forget, there are some drivers that are too busy calling customers on their cell phone to try to pedal packages quicker and impress the boss. They could probably listen to the radio for the hour before start time that they are sorting.

Maybe some of those drivers like to get home at a decent hour and spend time with their family.

Im one of those drivers you describe except the hour before start time. I like to give my preloader a great christmas bonus and buy breakfast for them once a week and I have a good load every day.

raceanoncr

One word:

ABSSOLUTELYUNDERNOCIRCUMSTANCESDONOTHARD-
WIREANYTHINGINTOTHEVEHICLEELECTRICALSYSTEM-
YOUWILLGETFIRED!!!!

Copy?

Highwayman

Learned the trick with fusing the negative wire after burning up a CB. When I stated 21 years ago the tractors (Mack friend models) had reverse polarity. Works for me!:wink2:

Highwayman

I could be wrong but fuses won't prevent damage to the radio when hooking up the wrong way to the pos and neg hookups on the dash. If the flow of the direct current is going the wrong way into the radio, the transitor will burn out in about 5 seconds. The fuse will only break when the amperage of the current is exceeded. .

Unfortunately, I speak from experience. Burnt out radio, fuse intact

Fuses? Pos and Neg?

BCFan

In a rural setting a radio can be a big assistance with changing road and weather conditions!! Not to mention the air guitar plays soooooo much better with some current tunes BC

SmithBarney

When I was at UPS, I was running 160-180stops with 300+pieces I wasn't in the PC enough to justify it, and to top it off the PC was too loud to make it worthwhile. Although I covered a rural route once and a while, and then I would bring my radio.

Yes I agree as well, I use a Radio on Saturdays only since I really am not in the truck enough during the week to justify it. Saturdays are nice though in a Van, and have about 2.5 hrs of windshield time.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Dizzee. I wouldn't put up with that crap from him. You show him! You can balance an Oreo on your nose.:happy-very:

Big Babooba

Not to brag or anything, but, I've been known to work, listen to the radio, and chew gum at the same time.

:wink2:

If you could balance a bowling ball on your nose too, I'd be impressed! Otherwise you're just run of the mill.:happy-very:

And make sure it's a 16 pounder too and not one of those wussy candlepin balls.:happy-very:

You'll earn an extra "Attaboy" if you're chewing bubblegum and blowing a giant bubble at the same time.:happy-very:
I'm calling you out Dizzee!!! PUT UP OR SHUT UP!:happy-very:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Dizzee. I wouldn't put up with that crap from him. You show him! You can balance an Oreo on your nose.:happy-very:
No no no
Dizzee, he is full of himself. I know you can balance an Oreo in a bubble on your nose. He is just trying to sway AJ. But don't let that bother you dear Dizzee. I know your the best. You can do anything.

Dustyroads

The battery and charger are separate...but I already had them. It's still worth it, it's a nice little radio with a big sound. I replaced one under warranty, the volume control knob got a loose connection, they replaced it with a new one, no questions asked with the receipt.

Big Babooba

No no no
Dizzee, he is full of himself. I know you can balance an Oreo in a bubble on your nose. He is just trying to sway AJ. But don't let that bother you dear Dizzee. I know your the best. You can do anything.
Somebody's been hitting the crack pipe again!:happy-very:

Status
Not open for further replies.