Wise advice for a new driver helper?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Pack a lunch and pee before I pick you up. Always be on time. Listen to what the driver tells you, where to put it etc. Avoid contact with people. Leave a pkg where you cannot see it when you get back to the truck. Not in front of the door. Hustle, grab that handrail throw your butt in the seat, get strapped in. glove on or off, no time for pulling them off and putting them back on. When I decelerate, be ready to unstrap, git and go.

barnyard

KTM rider
Best advice I can give is look around a bit and see that there are 2 threads on this page, with tips from drivers and helpers.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Don't bring a lunch. Bring something to drink. Don't even think about smoking or talking on the phone. Other than that the job is no pressure easy.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Pack a lunch and pee before I pick you up. Always be on time. Listen to what the driver tells you, where to put it etc. Avoid contact with people. Leave a pkg where you cannot see it when you get back to the truck. Not in front of the door. Hustle, grab that handrail throw your butt in the seat, get strapped in. glove on or off, no time for pulling them off and putting them back on. When I decelerate, be ready to unstrap, git and go.

like my third day as a helper I pi$$ed myself on my way home. I was about to ask the driver for a break and was very new to the area no gas stations on my direct way home. Get a good laugh guys only my wife knows this happened so feel special.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
like my third day as a helper I pi$$ed myself on my way home. I was about to ask the driver for a break and was very new to the area no gas stations on my direct way home. Get a good laugh guys only my wife knows this happened so feel special.
we ll know now

Indecisi0n

There isn't much to the job. Take the package and get it to the correct house as fast and as safe as possible. Get back to the truck and buckle in as fast as possible.